Cabin #8462 Carnvial Dream

psimmons

Does anyone know if this is a good cabin on Carnival Dream 8462? I know it has a larger balcony than the standard rooms. It looks like it might be shaped different. Just booked it for April 8, 2017. I still have time to changed it.

Does anyone know if this is a good cabin on Carnival Dream 8462? I know it has a larger balcony than the standard rooms. It looks like it might be shaped different. Just booked it for April 8, 2017. I still have time to changed it.

Here's a review from Cruise Critic about 8469 which is the same cabin on the starboard side.

Unless you have a large aft balcony you really want to be situated as close to mid-ship as possible, this way you will experience the smoothest ride, especially during choppy seas.

We were booked in cat. 8C balcony cabin #8469...cabin from hell. It turned out to be a corner cabin and was extremely small for the catagory we booked and the price we paid. It had a lot of wasted space. The bathroom door would not open completely as it hit the bed when opened. There was not a chair to sit on. (This cabin did not have a sofa). The configuration was so totally differnet from other cabins , you would have to see it to believe it. Don't ever book this cabin.! I will say the room steward was excellent and much appreciated as was all of the staff on the ship.

Here is a link to the cabin reviews for Carnival Dream. You can scroll to cabin of your choice and find an variety of Cruise Critic cabin reviews for each category.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/carnival-dream-deck-plans/dp/balcony-8c/cc/

Jonathan

Thanks everyone for replying so fast. I had jumped on booking this cabin because of it large balcony...did not think about room arrangements and door hitting bed. I wonder if there is anyone else that has stayed in those rooms. It is always good to get other opinions. I will post on the carnvial board site and see what I can find out. Thanks again for all the replies.