Liquor Evaluation

Tutuma

Although we have sailed Azamara, it was before the all-inclusive feature. Just curious, can anyone evaluate the caliber of alcohol that is offered under this program?

I am sure this is a very subjective topic...but looking for what can we expect especially with wines, scotch and vodka. Does the all-inclusive cover mixed drinks ie pina coladas, margueritas, etc.?

We are not terribly picky but just want to know so we have no major surprises. Something tells me we will be happy!

Thanks in advance.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/onboard-packages This is the link for what Azamara offers in the way of booze. I think the mixed drinks that are complimentary are disgusting. Too sweet and cloying. I tried drinking the margarita and couldn't. The pina colada and planter's punch weren't that much better either. Can we say nasty college bar well drinks??? Ewwww. The Becks on tap is good if you like a nice refreshing beer. The wines are perfectly acceptable. I had a really good Chianti one night and I asked for it many other nights and they were happy to oblige. If you don't like what's free you always have the option to upgrade at your own cost, of course.

Thank you. That is exactly what I wanted to know. I agree, most of the time, those "umbrella" drinks are just too sweet. The list looks great to me!

Also interested in the way we can order drinks in our stateroom. We love happy hour on our veranda. Is it possible?

I rarely have drinks with liquor. Once in awhile I do like a margarita. My recent cruise did include drinks. Naturally, I did try some drinks. I did have a couple of margaritas on the pool deck. Refreshing? Yes. Nice. I did notice that when I went to the bar and watched as they made my drink, it was different. Perhaps it had more liquor? I also drank sprite zero and diet bitter lemon most of the time. The included wines varied quite a bit. When I tasted one that I liked, I requested it again on several evenings. Liking a wine is subjective. With the nightly choices at dinner of 3 wines and the availability of previous nights's wines, I usually had a glass of wine with dinner. I liked the Twinings tea better than the no name tea. My spouse also is not a drinker. He had a few Becks(included beer) and diet cokes. Most of the time, we did not drink the liquor. We did not open the bottle of bubbly in our cabin. We drank the diet cokes in the cabin. Our cabin steward did supply us with more diet cokes. Those cokes were delightful while we enjoyed sitting on our veranda. Especially good when we ordered from room service mid afternoon. Room service was excellent. Food arrived quickly.

When comparing the cost of my recent liquor inclusive cruise with a previous cruise without liquor, it was't a good value for us. The best arrangement for us was when the soft drinks and wines were included and you paid extra for liquor. The included liquor was not a selling feature for us. It didn't improve my experience compared to other cruises.

Also interested in the way we can order drinks in our stateroom. We love happy hour on our veranda. Is it possible?

You can't order included drinks on your room and only the soft drinks in the mini- bar are included. However you can take drinks from a bar back to your cabin, and the Mosaic cafe has some beautiful appetisers early in the evening, which you can also take back to you cabin.

If you look on the web-site you can see exactly what is included - click on "Our ships", then "Onboard Packages", then "Complimentary Beverages".

Often we arrived back at the ship in the afternoon after 3. Finding food was a challenge. Buffet was closed. MDR is always closed for lunch on port days. Our options: mosaic, pool grill, or room service. Offerings are limited. We did all those options. While the pool grill has good food, it is limited. Mosaic is good for small pastry and tiny sandwiches. Also, very limited. Room service was the best of the 3 options. I especially liked the 4 seasons pizza. Cheese tray was also very good. As we don't care about liquor, drinking the cokes in the cabin refrigerator was okay. I also drink the water. For those people who enjoy an alcoholic beverage with their food, room service charges extra to deliver drinks to the cabin. I met people getting drinks at a bar and then going to their cabins. It seemed odd that they won't include all the complimentary beverages everywhere on the ship. While a minor inconvenience, I did hear people complaining about it. Eating on the veranda is one of the pleasures of sailing....privacy, ocean views, table for 2, etc.