Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

nana ... Sadly with many institutions in the UK this kind of thing is a common occurrence! I remember the Director of HR where i worked prior to retirement making a statement that " an authority as big as this one should be sacking at least 13 people a year"

There have been cases of Police officers, Firefighters, Paramedics and other workers having been sacked for "doing their job"

So it comes as no surprise about Defalco.

[quote name='sidari']nana ... Sadly with many institutions in the UK this kind of thing is a common occurrence! I remember the Director of HR where i worked prior to retirement making a statement that " an authority as big as this one should be sacking at least 13 people a year"

There have been cases of Police officers, Firefighters, Paramedics and other workers having been sacked for "doing their job"

So it comes as no surprise about Defalco.[/QUOTE]

Sid;

I still reserve judgment on whether or not he's getting the sack. It could be what our military calls "ticket punching" where you have to experience various jobs before advancement. Does anyone know how long DeFalco was in his job?

[quote name='sidari']Cheng ... I agree with you on what you say that he may be being lined up for something else but why would he go to the papers if that was the case?[/QUOTE]

True, but maybe he doesn't know about their plans for him, or maybe he has his family settled and doesn't want a transfer. Hard to tell, trying to match UK or US family values and corporate policies to Italy. :D

Hi All

Just some historical & legal musings on Cmdr DeFalco

There's some question whether his assertion that he was in charge of the rescue was legally accurate.
His justified anger prompted an emotional and course language response.

This may have led his superiors (desk jockeys) to conclude he put the Coast Guard Service in a bad light.

That's similar to the US military brass reaction to the personality traits of the Gen. George Patton, who some argue was the greatest battlefield commander since Alexander the Great.

Many times the PC police may have to step back into the shadows when the public perceives the target is a hero. Once the public adulation has subsided, the PC PD can carry out their retribution. :eek:

Just thinking out loud. ;)

John Edited by Uniall

[SIZE="3"]One week ago Domnica had this to say:

[url]http://www.ansa.it/english/news/2014/09/29/former-lover-issues-ex-costa-concordia-captain-an-ultimatum_a6a850aa-e15c-4360-bd3d-f778c72693da.html[/url]

Today she released this story:

[url]http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/costa-concordia-captain-schettino-planned-helicopter-escape-says-ex-lover-domnica-cemortan-1467922[/url]

One thing we know for sure is that DeFalco would not have been the one to get him OFF the ship. ;)[/SIZE]

[quote name='SomeBeach'][SIZE=3]One week ago Domnica had this to say:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][URL]http://www.ansa.it/english/news/2014/09/29/former-lover-issues-ex-costa-concordia-captain-an-ultimatum_a6a850aa-e15c-4360-bd3d-f778c72693da.html[/URL] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Today she released this story:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][URL]http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/costa-concordia-captain-schettino-planned-helicopter-escape-says-ex-lover-domnica-cemortan-1467922[/URL] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]One thing we know for sure is that DeFalco would not have been the one to get him OFF the ship. ;)[/SIZE][/quote]

[B][SIZE=5]:D That's Our Girl[/SIZE][/B] :D

"Francesco Schettino I give you six days to tell the truth about what happened immediately after you gave the command to abandon ship. Just six days!"

Or What? :p

No Spring Get Together in Naples ? :eek:

[SIZE="3"]John, my question is this... she had this knowledge when she testified earlier in this case and she is just now brining this information out. Can the courts get her for withholding information? Doesn't this go right to the "fell, pushed, slipped" into the lifeboat? Seems to show that escape was all that was on his mind.[/SIZE]

[quote name='SomeBeach'][SIZE=3]John, my question is this... she had this knowledge when she testified earlier in this case and she is just now brining this information out. Can the courts get her for withholding information? Doesn't this go right to the "fell, pushed, slipped" into the lifeboat? Seems to show that escape was all that was on his mind.[/SIZE][/quote]

[B][SIZE=4]Who knows what either one of them is thinking. [/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4]I've never been able to figure out which one is the more self absorbed.[/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4]I give them the Matching Tee Shirts Award[/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/B]
[IMG]http://images-0.redbubble.net/img/clothing/bodycolor:babyblue/product:tshirt/size:large/style:womens/view:preview/2735750-1-its-all-about-me-me-me.jpg[/IMG]

Any new pictures, or better webcams that anyone knows of? I haven't seen anything for quite a while. I'm wondering how much they have gotten out of the interior of the ship. It would be really cool to see some pictures.

Given that the ship is primarily still a hazmat cleanup job, I don't think the contractor would take kindly to too many pictures of what has and has not been done or how it was done.

One week ago Domnica had this to say:

http://www.ansa.it/english/news/2014/09/29/former-lover-issues-ex-costa-concordia-captain-an-ultimatum_a6a850aa-e15c-4360-bd3d-f778c72693da.html

Today she released this story:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/costa-concordia-captain-schettino-planned-helicopter-escape-says-ex-lover-domnica-cemortan-1467922

One thing we know for sure is that DeFalco would not have been the one to get him OFF the ship. ;)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This was published in Giglio News.

Poor translation by Google Translate:

Plan Region - Costa Crociere for Lily

Written by: Remo Fattorini, Tuscany News October 4, 2014 in News 4 Comments

Plan Region-Costa Crociere: Lily "cured" by 2015

FLORENCE - By the end of 2015, with a floor divided into four phases, would be treated the wounds of the island of Giglio. Next to the project of Costa Crociere there will also be one of the region for a raise environmental and tourist island. In a meeting at Giglio calendar to present to the population and to the directors, the two initiatives.

E 'is the outcome of the meeting which was held at the Palazzo Strozzi Sacrati between the president of the Tuscany region, Enrico Rossi (as coordinator for the activities of environmental recovery, appointed by the Government as a result of the removal of the Lily Concordia) Mayor Sergio Ortelli, the representatives of Costa Crociere, the representatives of the Club of Insurers and Environmental Monitoring, edited dall'Universtà La Sapienza of Rome.

"There's no time to lose," said Rossi. "The goal is to achieve at certain times all the operations necessary to restore the environment of the seabed, to find the Giglio its size and its appearance. That is why I asked you to make a point with Costa Cruises on consistency and work schedules. We need to intervene as early as possible to avoid damage and cleaning up the seabed from waste materials and deposited sediments. "

Read more here: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.giglionews.it%2F2014%2F10%2F04%2Fpiano-regione-costa-crociere-per-il-giglio%2F&edit-text=

Or the original page: http://www.giglionews.it/2014/10/04/piano-regione-costa-crociere-per-il-giglio/

See this image of the sea bottom.

piattaforme_pulizia041014.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SB

The saga regarding my cruise on Costa Deliziosa continues I'm afraid. The problem is mainly that I was on a package from Costa that included Airfare and Transfers. They managed to lose one of our bags with all Annes clothes in there and it took 6 days to get the luggage to us. They are still denying that they have any responsibility for the airline (Lufthansa) although all the advice I have received say that my contract is with Costa as it was a package.

You will appreciate at this time I cant go into too much detail as this appears to be going to court as all the legal advice I have received says I have a cast iron case.

Hi SB

The saga regarding my cruise on Costa Deliziosa continues I'm afraid. The problem is mainly that I was on a package from Costa that included Airfare and Transfers. They managed to lose one of our bags with all Annes clothes in there and it took 6 days to get the luggage to us. They are still denying that they have any responsibility for the airline (Lufthansa) although all the advice I have received say that my contract is with Costa as it was a package.

You will appreciate at this time I cant go into too much detail as this appears to be going to court as all the legal advice I have received says I have a cast iron case.

Thanks for your response Clive.

I don't come here daily but every few days I do check on the net or here to see if the remains that were found in Genoa have been id'd. I'm still hoping for Russel tho I believe that last found remains are Maria.