NOOB Question

sawdust10

Hi all. My family and I are planning a cruise for February or March of next year. It looks like we will probably be going on the Carnival Elation out of New Orleans. Naturally, I am trying to get the most bang for our buck, so the thought occurred to me that I might be able to get 2 rooms for about the same price that I might pay for 1 for all four of us. Our girls are 8 and 12 and would absolutely LOVE to have their "own" place. My question is whether or not we can book two separate rooms; 1 for my wife and 1 of the girls and 1 for myself and my other daughter. This should give us a LOT more room for the same money. Thoughts or tips ??

Thanks !

Yes as long as there is someone 23 in the room to book. We took the Valor and got three rooms this February. It was my DW and I plus her sister and her three girls. Only one was over 21 so we broke it up me with one DW with one and SILaw with one. Once on-board we changed the room designations on the keycard/IDs at the desk. There are some connecting rooms too. Carnival has a higher age/room than other cruise lines.

If the kids are yours then there will be no problem booking the kids in their own seperate cabins.

Be aware that inside cabins are extreme darkness so maybe oceanview cabins may be better for you.

Better yet--try for connecting cabins.

Be aware of whats above you- you do not want cabins under the galley.

Getting cabins as close to the aft elevators putting you close proximity to the food/pools without a lot of traveling,

Before people get carried away with their guesses, this is what carnival has in writing.

Passenger Age

Policy Details

18- 20 years of age

Can book a cabin anywhere on the ship as long as the parents, grandparents or legal guardians are on same sailing. Everyone in that minor age cabin needs to be 18-20 years of age.

13 – 17 years of age

Can have their own cabin as long as it is located within 3 staterooms (this is the maximum number of staterooms allowed) from their parents, grandparents or legal guardian.

12 years and under

Must be booked in parents’ cabin, no exceptions.

the above being said, many bookings agents dont know the actual policy and you can often book the children in a next door cabin or directly across from the adult cabin, for instance adults in a balcony and the inside directly across from them.

Because of the age of your youngest, you may be required to book one adult with each child and then once onboard, you just swap around who sleeps where. Technically the 8 year old cannot be booked without a adult in the same cabin, but as I said some bookings agents dont know the actual rules and will book them alone.

Im thinking post #2 is a typo as someone has to be age 25, not 23 to book with someone under age 21. (different rule, but thought Id address that post).

Archived