NCL Epic 3/16-3/23 anyone?

DaveL00

Have you checked out the roll call forum for that cruise? I find that is where I can locate other solo cruisers as well as start talking to anyone else going on that sailing...You will probably have your best luck finding people there :D

Have a great cruise if you go....

Have you checked out the roll call forum for that cruise? I find that is where I can locate other solo cruisers as well as start talking to anyone else going on that sailing...You will probably have your best luck finding people there :D

Have a great cruise if you go....

Jeff,

I have found the roll call link for this trip and no singles have chimed in. There are about a dozen and a half 2+ parties communicating on the post. Is it normal to see at least a few solos on each trip link? It's adding to my reluctance but may be an overreaction.

Thanks.

Jeff,

I have found the roll call link for this trip and no singles have chimed in. There are about a dozen and a half 2+ parties communicating on the post. Is it normal to see at least a few solos on each trip link? It's adding to my reluctance but may be an overreaction.

Thanks.

Does not mean there aren't any on the trip...have seen otherwise...not everyone on the boat will be on CC...Are you getting one of the studios on the Epic? From my understanding they have a private area for all solos to meet and greet all the time...I, personally, am a solo traveler so it does not bother me if there are no other solos...but since you are on the epic, they do cater to them somewhat with the studio and meeting area

Does not mean there aren't any on the trip...have seen otherwise...not everyone on the boat will be on CC...Are you getting one of the studios on the Epic? From my understanding they have a private area for all solos to meet and greet all the time...I, personally, am a solo traveler so it does not bother me if there are no other solos...but since you are on the epic, they do cater to them somewhat with the studio and meeting area

Yes, the sole reason I picked that ship. I thought it would ease the transition of a first time solo/cruiser.

Yes, the sole reason I picked that ship. I thought it would ease the transition of a first time solo/cruiser.

I went on the Epic last year - first cruise and I was also solo. I met some really wonderful people from cruise critic as well during the solo gatherings each night. I still keep in touch with a few! I had such a fun time, that I am going again in a few weeks! You will meet a ton of people and I think you will definitely have a great time!

Enjoy :)

I went on the Epic last year - first cruise and I was also solo. I met some really wonderful people from cruise critic as well during the solo gatherings each night. I still keep in touch with a few! I had such a fun time, that I am going again in a few weeks! You will meet a ton of people and I think you will definitely have a great time!

Enjoy :)

Hi Mariana,

Thanks so much for the positive input and encouragement. I hear nothing but the same from many of the posters here. I hope your next one is just as good or better!

I would sign up for the roll call and join the meet and greet even if you don't know of any other solo going. It was nice to run into people I met all over the ship. I also remember chatting with a nice couple when we landed in Miami. Turns out they were also sailing on the Epic. I ended up running into them halfway thru the week and it was fun catching up. The biggest thing I loved about cruising was the people I met! People are almost always friendly and fun loving. If you enjoy trying drinks, check out a martini clinic or wine tasting or something similar. When you first go, people tend to keep to themselves or groups, but by the end everyone is happier and much more outgoing ;) Yep - you will have fun. :)

No other ship offers this; in fact I did not feel like I was travelling solo the entire week; just make sure you attend the 5;30 gatherings every day and do not pre book any 7:00 shows since people usually eat together or get ready to around them

I missed you by one week :) I'm on the Epic the week of March 9th. I'm staying in a studio cabin as well and am looking forward to it. I did three solo cruises last year and had no trouble finding people to hang out with. Definately join your roll call. There are people who "lurk" but don't post. I'm sure you will have fun!

I missed you by one week :) I'm on the Epic the week of March 9th. I'm staying in a studio cabin as well and am looking forward to it. I did three solo cruises last year and had no trouble finding people to hang out with. Definately join your roll call. There are people who "lurk" but don't post. I'm sure you will have fun!

A week, too bad. Your first time on the Epic? The more I read, the less anxious I'm getting about the soloing. A much needed vaca trumps pretty much anything else...all gravy. I haven't even been yet but can see this becoming additive.

My first cruise ever was on the Epic in 2011. I went alone and a great time. I stayed in a studio and really enjoyed the lounge. Definitely go to the daily happy hour.

My second cruise was last year on RCL. I had a great time but there was only one solo traveller event, a lunch that was fun but I wish they had some more events for solos. There were over 20 of us at the lunch.

I missed you by two weeks! I'm going on the March 2nd cruise in a solo cabin. This is going to be my first solo trip as well. The price point and studio lounge were definite reasons why I chose this cruise. There are a few solo travelers in my roll call. I'm sure there will be a lot more on my trip though, as I'm sure will be true for yours as well.

Hi,

I will be looking forward to reading about your cruise when you return. I am considering booking Epic, a studio cabin for March or April 2013.

I think I will love the solo cruising because when I have cruised before, I tend to find things to do on my own anyway, and meet up with friends or family at dinner if we want to.

I have a solo cruise planned, my first totally alone, for Oct. 2013 on NCL Jewel out of NOLA. Love cruising out of NOLA, since it is so accessible from IL...straight shot!

Have a great cruise!

Hi,

I will be looking forward to reading about your cruise when you return. I am considering booking Epic, a studio cabin for March or April 2013.

I think I will love the solo cruising because when I have cruised before, I tend to find things to do on my own anyway, and meet up with friends or family at dinner if we want to.

I have a solo cruise planned, my first totally alone, for Oct. 2013 on NCL Jewel out of NOLA. Love cruising out of NOLA, since it is so accessible from IL...straight shot!

Have a great cruise!

You also on your upcoming two.

Thanks for the well-wish.

I'm going on the ship solo. My 1st time traveling alone and 1st time on this ship.

Hi wizdiz,

Only 3 weeks away and still not nervous about the solo travelling. For someone going out of their comfort zone, that's big. I'm really excited to get my first cruise underway.

Hi wizdiz,

Only 3 weeks away and still not nervous about the solo travelling. For someone going out of their comfort zone, that's big. I'm really excited to get my first cruise underway.

Yes 3 weeks can't wait. Still not 100% sure how the solo travelling will be but all should be good. Guess my expectations aren't to high.

Archived