Gilbraltar - Private Tours?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Redmimi, as I had not heard anything, I decided to do some research and have booked with a John Lopez of Gibraltar-rock-tours.com they had excellent reviews on tripadvisor and were very fast in replying to my email enquiries, it took them less then a day to get back to me. Hopefully they turn out to be as good as their reviews.

That's good to know Keith. I don't want to book anything in advance as we'll decide on the day whether to just go up the rock or do a longer tour, or just wander about ourselves.

Wandering about on your own is not a bad option, unless you really want a guide. The Great Siege Tunnels are very well 'narrated' by signage and audio lecterns and finding out about other sites in advance is easy enough too. I think Gib is one of the great ports for a single-day cruiser. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]EHNGMyY7v-A[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]QpBAu6E7vEA[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]0UWYOuN4phs[/YOUTUBE]

• 9 months later...

Hi Mauriesmileco, this was one of the places we visited on our private tour, but because i am in a wheelchair i was unable to go down the stairs to look round and waited at the top where you still got a good view, but even my mum and dad didnt go down all the different levels as there were lots of stairs. You get a good view of it though and there is a disabled toilet you can use before leaving if need be.