Malaga Christmas Lights

campolady

For anyone visiting Malaga port shortly - the stunning Christmas lights will be switched on at 6.30 p.m. on Friday 26th November and will stay on until 6th January. There will also be Christmas craft stalls at the far side of the park (opposite the port gates).

A spectacular sight.

For anyone visiting Malaga port shortly - the stunning Christmas lights will be switched on at 6.30 p.m. on Friday 26th November and will stay on until 6th January. There will also be Christmas craft stalls at the far side of the park (opposite the port gates).

A spectacular sight.

We will be in Malaga on 26th Dec (NCL Epic) so look forward to seeing the lights you mention.

Also many thanks for the very informative post you gave on what to do whilst in Malaga. It has helped greatly with our planning. Have already been to Granada and the Alhambra so did not want to re-visit there and incur long journeys on a coach with twin grandsons. We have booked the Hop On Hop Off bus and will be able to pick out some of your recommendations as we travel the route.

Best wishes

Suzanne

We will be in Malaga on 26th Dec (NCL Epic) so look forward to seeing the lights you mention.

Also many thanks for the very informative post you gave on what to do whilst in Malaga. It has helped greatly with our planning. Have already been to Granada and the Alhambra so did not want to re-visit there and incur long journeys on a coach with twin grandsons. We have booked the Hop On Hop Off bus and will be able to pick out some of your recommendations as we travel the route.

Best wishes

Suzanne

Happy to help Suzanne.

26th is a normal working day here so everywhere will be open for you.

Have a great time in Malaga and enjoy the lights - they are stunning.

Best wishes

Suzanne

We were in Malaga last year on the Spirit. Sailaway was at 7 p.m., all aboard at 6:30. I really wanted to see the lights, so we stayed in port until the last possible minute. Unfortunately although it was nearly dark, we had to get a taxi and return to the ship before the lights came on.

Hi all!

rosebuds ~ oh that was too bad you didn't get to see the lights.:( Our cruise (Epic) is there until 9:00 pm which means we probably will be able to see them. On the downside, our late arrival to port meant we couldn't do the Gibraltar excursion.

campolady ~ will we have to go very far from the ship to see the lights?

suron ~ I've booked that HOHO tour too as I thought I've lived this long without seeing the Alhambra so why do that long trip. campolady made Malaga sound very interesting to me.;)

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

QUOTE]

The lights start on the Avenida Alameda which is less than 5 minutes walk from the port gates. To get a quick/easy view of some of the best lights cross the Alameda Principal and walk onto the main pedestrian street Calle Larios that leads up to the Plaza de la Constitucion where the main Christmas Tree is.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all!

rosebuds ~ oh that was too bad you didn't get to see the lights.:( Our cruise (Epic) is there until 9:00 pm which means we probably will be able to see them. On the downside, our late arrival to port meant we couldn't do the Gibraltar excursion.

suron ~ I've booked that HOHO tour too as I thought I've lived this long without seeing the Alhambra so why do that long trip. campolady made Malaga sound very interesting to me.;)

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Seems quite a few of us have the same idea and are doing the HOHO in Malaga. The family, myself and Alf Rowland have booked the Malaga Experience which was, we felt, better value as it includes free entrance to many of the attractions, the boat ride, walking tour and free tapas!! I think I am right in saying that bnorris10 from our roll call has also booked this. With a late departure from Malaga we will have plenty of time to tour on the bus and have a relaxed day as opposed to sitting on a coach for the long trip to Granada which I have already seen.

Not long to wait now for sailing. Temperatures in the Canaries have been good this last week so hope it continues - will be glad to get away from the rain, heavy winds and bitter cold here.

Suzanne

Seems quite a few of us have the same idea and are doing the HOHO in Malaga. The family, myself and Alf Rowland have booked the Malaga Experience which was, we felt, better value as it includes free entrance to many of the attractions, the boat ride, walking tour and free tapas!! I think I am right in saying that bnorris10 from our roll call has also booked this. With a late departure from Malaga we will have plenty of time to tour on the bus and have a relaxed day as opposed to sitting on a coach for the long trip to Granada which I have already seen.

Not long to wait now for sailing. Temperatures in the Canaries have been good this last week so hope it continues - will be glad to get away from the rain, heavy winds and bitter cold here.

Suzanne

23 degrees here in Malaga today with wall to wall sunshine,

23 degrees here in Malaga today with wall to wall sunshine,

Nice to hear you are enjoying good weather and hope we will get to enjoy some warm days. Many parts of the UK have been hit with high winds, torrential rain and in the north of England and in Scotland there has been flooding.

Thank you again for your helpful hints on Malaga - we have made our plans for visiting the various sights - using the HOHO bus and will definitely endeavour to see the lights.

Suzanne