LAG Domestic Restrictions

Hi there

I'm traveling domestically via Jetstar and the returning via Qantas. My question is does the carry on baggage have liquid restrictions on domestic flights (LAG Restrictions) where the bottle of liquid must be less than 100ml and be inside a ziplock bag?

I don't want my Cologne and deodorant etc confiscated as I would like them when I board my cruise, in my carry on baggage.

I know if your landing or departing from an international terminal this is the case but I will only be going thru domestic terminals. Adel to Syd.

Cheers

No problems with liquids over 100ml, but I always carry liquids inside a ziplock bag anyway just in case of leaks.

You should be OK with cologne and deodorant unless it's a spray deordorant - not sure about those.

Cheers

It is a spray deodorant, think i"ll get one with a lock on it.

Thanks

Aerosol type? You may not be able to take that in your carry-on. I'd suggest getting a roll-on deodorant instead.

You can take aerosol on domestic flight carry on as long as it has a lid / or in the case of Lynx, a swivel lid close.

There are generally no LAG restrictions for domestic flights in and out of domestic terminals, however if the flight departs from or arrives into an international terminal, in this case there may be restrictions.

Edited by LuckiePuris

Yeah, I'm bit worried about taking aerosol deodorant on board.

I think I remember many years ago it being taken off people but that was probably when the cans had old style sprayers, now lots are lockable with secure lids.

Cheers

Rather than shuffle in a carry on to show the attendant hubby's deodorant, I pack it in the checked luggage. Most aerosol deodorants these days don't have lids/caps, so you have to improvise.

It's also OK to take your 2 bottles of bubbly on domestic for the pre-cruise flight and your duty free cache on the way home.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

• 4 months later...
Rather than shuffle in a carry on to show the attendant hubby's deodorant, I pack it in the checked luggage. Most aerosol deodorants these days don't have lids/caps, so you have to improvise.

It's also OK to take your 2 bottles of bubbly on domestic for the pre-cruise flight and your duty free cache on the way home.

Can you please confirm that we can take our duty free purchased on the cruise on a domestic flight from Sydney to Brisbane? I thought I read in another thread that this wasn't allowed.

Thanks

Can you please confirm that we can take our duty free purchased on the cruise on a domestic flight from Sydney to Brisbane? I thought I read in another thread that this wasn't allowed.

Thanks

Definitely ok to carry unopened bottles on domestic flights. Just remember that it is included in your carry on weight allowance if you are flying with Jetstar or Tiger who do often actually weigh your carry on bags now.

We were able to take 2 bottles off wine on Qantas to Perth yesterday. Could go in hand luggage but they weighed around 3 kgs so we put them in checked in luggage in lots of protective wrapping - arrived fine. Qantas allow 7 kg per piece of hand luggage.

Definitely ok to carry unopened bottles on domestic flights. Just remember that it is included in your carry on weight allowance if you are flying with Jetstar or Tiger who do often actually weigh your carry on bags now.

Thanks, we should only have checked bags flying Jetstar so can do carryon easily. Now just have to figure out where to leave them after the cruise, I understand you can leave luggage at the Rocks Info Centre for a price.

I am finding logistics of this cruise challenging, flying from Brisbane day before cruise, which is ok.

Cruise arrives back at 6 am on a Friday and not flying out til 6pm Saturday. I want Paddy's market and Chinatown, OH wants Manly lol. Still haven't booked accommodation for Friday and that is two weeks this Friday!!