Hard Rock Cafe in Nuevo Vallarta

laurenpie

Hello,

We are stopping at Puerto Vallarta on our August cruise, and as we will have plenty of time in port, and just had a couple questions.

We were thinking of spending a part of the day at the Hard Rock in Nuevo Vallarta - I was wondering, how do we get there from the port? (there will be 4 of us)

Once we are there, are we able to go to the resaurants/bars/pool etc?

We were thinking once we were finished there, just hanging out at the beach nearby if it was nice before heading back to Puerto Vallarta to have a look around there.

The HRH is an all-inclusive resort. I would suggest you contact them directly to see if the offer day passes to cruiser's or to find out if any of their bars/restaurants accept cash paying customers. http://www.hrhvallarta.com/

Some will tell you that there is public bus transportation to the HRH buy I really hate to put first-time visitors in an inter-city bus. In my opinion, the best way to get there is by taxi.

The Federal port taxis (white) charge per person and are rather expensive.

Leave the port grounds, toward the main road, and grab a yellow city taxi. They charge per ride with a maximum of four passengers. I would estimate the cost will be between 180-220 pesos. to get out there.

All taxi rates are fixed and are based on a zone system. This doesn't mean some drivers won't try to take advantage of you. Always establish what the fare will be BEFORE you get in a taxi.

Nuevo Vallarta is in a different Mexican State and they have their own taxi company. I know they operate like the yellow PV city taxis in that they charge per ride. The rate getting back should be about the same but I'm not certain. I do know that there is a board in the lobby of every resort/hotel listing the established rate to various popular destinations.

Know that the taxi unions run the transportation business with an iron fist. Federal Port taxis can only take people away from the port.

Yellow city taxis cannot pickup passengers on the port property but operate everywhere else in the metro area. They can take you to Nuevo Vallarta but they can't bring anybody back.

The Nuevo Vallarta taxis can bring you back to PV but they have to go back empty.

Enjoy!

Indeed better to contact them first. As it it an allin hotel, they might not accept people for the day or even let you in.

As a winter resident of Puerto Vallarta I am trying to think of the two most non-Mexican things one can do on a port stop. Number one would be to go to Nuevo which is about as Mexican as Miami. On 2nd thought there are probably more Spanish speaking in Miami :) and Number 2 would be to go to the Hard Rock! MSN-Travelers is very polite when she just says that Nuevo is in a different state then Puerto Vallarta. Some tend to think that Nuevo is in a different country :)

Forgive me for being a bit harsh but we have developed a real love for this part of Mexico and hope cruisers get to see why we love living in PV. So whatever you finally choose to do, we hope you have a great day and decide to later return.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

That is a whole lot of Pesos!

I agree with Hank and MSN.

For less then half of the cost I would take the bus into Puerto Vallarta and explore that area. Perhaps take another bus to Boca or Mismaloya.

Los Muertos beach in the Southside of Puerto Vallarta has some pretty amazing beachfront restaurants where you could eat and drink like Kings and Queens for much less pesos with much better food.

If it is a pool you are wanting. Playa los Arcos hotel on Los Muertos beach does have a day charge. Last time we were there it was 150 pesos pp which fully went to food and drink ( we spent another 200 pesos on more drinks...we had fun :) Their margaritas are incredible, food is good too.)

You also get beach towels, pool usage, beach lounge usage. It won't be as huge or fancy as Hard Rock but we love it there.

Bonus that it is in the middle of Southside with the great beach and shopping.

http://www.playalosarcos.com/

I emailed the HRH Vallarta as I was considering doing this same thing. (I know its not authentic Mexico by any means, but I am an avid HR collector and wanted to visist this new hotel.)

The Day pass is $96 US/ $46 US for children under 18.

Taxi is $200 MX ($15.50 US) and is about a 35 minute trip from the cruise terminal.

This is the info I was given directly from the HRH Vallarta, but I didnt end up booking this cruise, so I never actually tried this trip.

I emailed the HRH Vallarta as I was considering doing this same thing. (I know its not authentic Mexico by any means, but I am an avid HR collector and wanted to visist this new hotel.)

The Day pass is $96 US/ $46 US for children under 18.

Taxi is $200 MX ($15.50 US) and is about a 35 minute trip from the cruise terminal.

This is the info I was given directly from the HRH Vallarta, but I didnt end up booking this cruise, so I never actually tried this trip.

Thanks for that. Yeah, I think our "new" plan is to just visit the HRH Vallarta, buy something from the shop then head back into PV & spend the day there. :)

Thanks for that. Yeah, I think our "new" plan is to just visit the HRH Vallarta, buy something from the shop then head back into PV & spend the day there. :)

Are you a rewards member trying to get the visit credit I assume?

• 1 month later...