questions about leaving from Fort Lauderdale

surfergirl02

I agree, taxi's are fast, efficient, and if flying out of FLL about $18 total from the port to the airport.

We like the Holiday Inn Express Air/Cruise port. Free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the port in the morning, free breakfast, nice hotel, great pool area. It's ranked the #4 hotel in all of Ft. Lauderdale on Trip Advisor. We stayed there in May, and are staying again in two weeks! It's a newer hotel, too, and fairly priced for that area.

I agree, taxi's are fast, efficient, and if flying out of FLL about $18 total from the port to the airport.

We like the Holiday Inn Express Air/Cruise port. Free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the port in the morning, free breakfast, nice hotel, great pool area. It's ranked the #4 hotel in all of Ft. Lauderdale on Trip Advisor. We stayed there in May, and are staying again in two weeks! It's a newer hotel, too, and fairly priced for that area.

This is great to hear I just booked this hotel in Jan. I have heard that the port shuttles are full and a pain to take, that we would be better off taking a taxi. Have you used the shuttle to the port or do you take a taxi?

This is great to hear I just booked this hotel in Jan. I have heard that the port shuttles are full and a pain to take, that we would be better off taking a taxi. Have you used the shuttle to the port or do you take a taxi?

Yes, we used the shuttle. We signed up to be on the first shuttle over, and it was no problem at all. If you do find that you're having a problem, you might be able to just grab a cab, although I'm not sure if they regularly stop at that hotel, or if you'd have to call for it.

Just be sure to sign up for the FIRST shuttle, we arrived around 10pm the night before, and the list wasn't ready yet. Friends arrived at 2am and they let them sign up then. We were up early, like 6am, and signed up then. Good luck! :)

A few questions for the crusie pros

What is the best way to get from airport to port?

Any recommendations for close hotels?????

It's so close you can almost walk. :D

A car ride is no more than 5 minutes.

I am local and use a company for shuttle service. They are extremly inexpensive though I don't know if they could beat a cab ride on that short distance.

Send me an e-mail and I send you the comapny name: vacationer@southern-florida.com

Archived