Ocean Pointe resort_day pass?

skiiergirl

Has anyone done the day pass at Ocean Pointe resort? If so, how did you like it? How were the facilities? How about the food and beverages?

TYIA!

No help with the resort sorry but I am searching for resort passes in Antigua!

May I ask where you saw this pass offered - is it direct with resort, or through a broker? How much is the pass, thanks!

No help with the resort sorry but I am searching for resort passes in Antigua!

May I ask where you saw this pass offered - is it direct with resort, or through a broker? How much is the pass, thanks!

I was just "googling" one day and saw the offer. It is direct.

- DAY PASS U$D 79 per person and it includes: late continental breakfast

until 11am, lunch from 12.30pm to 2.30pm, water, soft drinks, beer, wine and

local spirits All by the glass. Use of pool and beach facilities.

- we are located on the north side of Antigua at about 15 minutes drive from

the cruise pier

- taxi fare for 4 people U$D 30 roundtrip

I was just "googling" one day and saw the offer. It is direct.

- DAY PASS U$D 79 per person and it includes: late continental breakfast

until 11am, lunch from 12.30pm to 2.30pm, water, soft drinks, beer, wine and

local spirits All by the glass. Use of pool and beach facilities.

- we are located on the north side of Antigua at about 15 minutes drive from

the cruise pier

- taxi fare for 4 people U$D 30 roundtrip

Thanks have found several others, which I am in the middle of contacting, but I hadn't seen that one.

Looks nice!

Edited by c-leg5

More later,..,but....

If you want a party atmosphere and waverunner rentals, etc this is NOT the place for you.

If you want a beautifully, tranquil, relaxing atmosphere with poool, beach, food & beverage....it is super fantastic, we definitely will return!

More later,..,but....

If you want a party atmosphere and waverunner rentals, etc this is NOT the place for you.

If you want a beautifully, tranquil, relaxing atmosphere with poool, beach, food & beverage....it is super fantastic, we definitely will return!

Look forward to your review.

We don't go until early next year but sounds just what we are looking for! Let us know about transport too, thanks!

• 1 month later...
More later,..,but....

Just wondering if you ever wrote a review elsewhere?

Look forward to your review.

We don't go until early next year but sounds just what we are looking for! Let us know about transport too, thanks!

Just wondering if you ever wrote a review elsewhere?

So sorry. Life got crazy when we returned home and I didn't get a "review done". Any specific questions?

First off....I think it was worth the price. I had reviews that lunch was a buffet...but had not confirmed this with the hotel. I guess maybe it is during high season but it was not the day we were there. You ordered from a menu (included in cost). There were 3 courses listed with I think 2 choices in each course (but you only were allowed 2 courses). You picked which 2 courses. Food tasted good and the 4 in our party were happy but just not alot of options if you are a picky eater (which we are not). The email stated that the day pass included a continental breakfast until 11:00 but all that was out were a few pre-made/bought pastries. No problem though as we had eaten on the ship. Drinks were fine although I think I only had one alcoholic drink but lots of water, soda, juice, etc. There is not beach service so you have to go get your drinks yourself. The umbrellas are in permanent spot (thatch roof type). However, the staff and facilities were fantastic. I would definitely go back there again! The cab driver tried to talk us out of going here...he recommended just going to the public beaches. Soooooo glad we stuck with our plan and went here!!!!

Edited by skiiergirl

So sorry. Life got crazy when we returned home and I didn't get a "review done". Any specific questions?

First off....I think it was worth the price. I had reviews that lunch was a buffet...but had not confirmed this with the hotel. I guess maybe it is during high season but it was not the day we were there. You ordered from a menu (included in cost). There were 3 courses listed with I think 2 choices in each course (but you only were allowed 2 courses). You picked which 2 courses. Food tasted good and the 4 in our party were happy but just not alot of options if you are a picky eater (which we are not). The email stated that the day pass included a continental breakfast until 11:00 but all that was out were a few pre-made/bought pastries. No problem though as we had eaten on the ship. Drinks were fine although I think I only had one alcoholic drink but lots of water, soda, juice, etc. There is not beach service so you have to go get your drinks yourself. The umbrellas are in permanent spot (thatch roof type). However, the staff and facilities were fantastic. I would definitely go back there again! The cab driver tried to talk us out of going here...he recommended just going to the public beaches. Soooooo glad we stuck with our plan and went here!!!!

Thanks for returning - just wondering how it went!

Was it easy enough to get taxi there and back? Do you remember the cost?

Thanks for returning - just wondering how it went!

Was it easy enough to get taxi there and back? Do you remember the cost?

Plenty of taxi drivers. I think hotel had quoted us an estimate of $30 RT but I think we had to pay $40. (Up to 4 people) it Wasn't worth arguing with the driver. Just agree on the front end what the price will be and that it is RT and do NOT pay him until the return trip!

Hi Skiiergirl,

Hope you and Mr. Ski are well and enjoying the high seas! Do you still have the same email address that you sent me a couple of years ago? I want to drop you a little note and haven't quite figured out how to do the private messaging on here.

Julia

Hi Skiiergirl,

Hope you and Mr. Ski are well and enjoying the high seas! Do you still have the same email address that you sent me a couple of years ago? I want to drop you a little note and haven't quite figured out how to do the private messaging on here.

Julia

Hope y'all are doing well also! Email addy should be the same. I don't know how to pm either!