Coco Cay snorkel rental cost

SMN73

How much is it to rent snorkel equipment? Also how do they sanitize the mouthpiece? Trying to decide if it's worth it to buy our own or not.

Thanks!

I can't remember if it was $15.00 or $20.00 per set (I'm pretty sure it was $15) and that is for the entire day. They sanitize everything just as any other place that rents snorkel equipment does - some sort of bleach mixture, I'm assuming. I was also kind of squeemish at first about using the mouthpieces, but it's totally fine. :)

Of course they are sanitized! As far as I know, no one has ever gotten sick from the equipment! Yes...it's a bleach solution.

You aren't squeamish about using a fork in the dining room, or drinking from a glass....same thing!

• 2 weeks later...

I seen real nice Snorkel Kits at Costco that had everything for 44$. We got a nice set at walmart without the flippers ($30). Just the Google and Snorkel. I didnt want the finns, they would be a pain to pack. Plus we plan on Snorkeling on our next cruise as well so it was a good investment.

Edited by trev71

i know they sanitize them but i still think it is gross, I bought mine at sams club. also mine is a dry snorkle. what that means is it has a valse on the top that shuts if you go under the water level instead of filling up with water. the valve opens as soon as it is out of the water again. they can sanitize all they want but there are some really bad resistant germs so i prefer my own. Put it this way. I work in a hospital in respiratory and we only use disposible mouth pieces because you just cant kill everything easily.