Check Your Itinerary

ransrider

This has been posted on the NCL forum but thought it important enough to also post here. Time of arrival in Kawaii for my sailing in January has changed. You now arrive at 10 a.m. Instead of 8. If you made private tour reservations, you might need to make adjustments.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes I saw that NCL changed the first day Kauai to 10 a.m. I am not very happy about it. Another poster mentioned it could be a way to save money on fuel. Another cash grab. Is NCL just getting greedy with all these additional fees, changes, etc. or are they in financial trouble? I am not sure I would book with NCL if they are having money troubles. You might get more and more fees once you book or worse.

We are leaving in a few weeks for this trip. The docking change means we will miss our excursion. I contacted Roberts to ask if they were going to readjust or cancel, but since they JUST found out about it, they haven't figured out what to do yet. (They said they'd contact me as soon as they figure out what to do.). It's very disappointing. NCL isn't even offering the excursion to Waimea canyon that day. Hopefully Roberts will be able to readjust.

Ours is the same in October!

Will now probably cause a rush with everybody getting off at the same time, unlike the leisurely exits that are normal.

They will probably save on the lunch that day with less people popping back part way through the day :-)

We are also leaving in just a couple of weeks. I checked online and i see we are now docking at 10:00. At least CC people know in advance. Can you imagine how people will feel when they find out about this change after they are on board? At least we have time to rearrange our plans a bit.

Ours is the same in October!

Will now probably cause a rush with everybody getting off at the same time, unlike the leisurely exits that are normal.

They will probably save on the lunch that day with less people popping back part way through the day :-)

Yes, and aside from the headaches it's going to cause for the tour operators who must now figure out how to cram the same itinerary into a shortened day, those that reserve cars will find lots more people waiting for the shuttles and maybe long lines at the car reservation desks. Plan on losing at least another hour there. Everyone is going to be there at the same time.

Not sure how long, but from what I'm been reading on the Norwegian Forum, it is not just the POA that is affected--many itineraries have had their times changed. So it seems it must be a way to cut costs. I just wish NCL would notify its customers that have cruises booked, that their port times have changed. It's just frustrating.

While this is not about the Kauaii port arrival time but about an email I sent concerning a port delay on my Canada/New England cruise, and NCL's response.

I sent an email on Sunday to public relations, social media, and the individual mentioned in a post (I can't remember the person's name and I am not on the computer that I sent the email from).

I just received a useless telephone call from the PR Department. They acknowledged my disappointment. I asked the reason for the 2 hour later arrival in Halifax and she did not know and was unable to find out for me. When I asked about the communication failure about notifying cruisers, she apologized and said that it should have been done. I asked if it will be done now and she said she did not know since that would be out of her department.

I thanked her for the call but wanted her relay my further disappointment about the lack of information from the call.

Edited by pizzalady1

I will send them an email myself.

Even though its only a couple of hours, it makes a big difference if you have to go and collect a hire car, as well as dropping it off later, so that you can get back for evening dinner and shows etc - it will make the whole days travelling one big rush.

Gee, if they were short of money just charge us all 50 bucks each and get there on time! :-)

I also am concerned that NCL didn't bother to let us know for planning purposes but I have not yet booked any tours and we are planning on a car rental so we'll adjust accordingly but do plan to let my TA know (if she doesn't already) and send that email off to NCL - I am sure they are operating within our contracts but a little PR goes a long way - this is coming after our cruise was "cancelled" due to an unexpected change in the dry docking schedule next spring causing us to scramble for another date that fit our schedule - sure isn't giving me warm and fuzzy feelings about NCL

Can someone explain the comments about this being a "money saving issue" for NCL - how does docking 2 hours later save them money. Are cruise ships charged by the hour while at dock?

Perhaps I am just naive but I was thinking it was more about the ability of the ports to be able to handle incoming traffic.

I do understand what everyone is saying about the "herd" mentality that this will cause and will change our thinking about planning that first day since more people will be trying to get off the ship at the same time.

thanks for anyone who can shed some light with validation - just curious more than anything.

Cindi

Edited by cinbol

Can someone explain the comments about this being a "money saving issue" for NCL - how does docking 2 hours later save them money. Are cruise ships charged by the hour while at dock?

Perhaps I am just naive but I was thinking it was more about the ability of the ports to be able to handle incoming traffic.

Cindi

Arriving 2 hours later allows the ship to sail at a lower speed, which saves fuel, thus saving money.

The Hawaii ports get very little cruise ship traffic. There are weekly stops for the POA plus the seasonal stops from other cruise ships.

We are leaving in a few weeks for this trip. The docking change means we will miss our excursion. I contacted Roberts to ask if they were going to readjust or cancel, but since they JUST found out about it, they haven't figured out what to do yet. (They said they'd contact me as soon as they figure out what to do.). It's very disappointing. NCL isn't even offering the excursion to Waimea canyon that day. Hopefully Roberts will be able to readjust.

I'm booked on the Waimea Canyon excursion too and, although Roberts have not responded to my email asking if the tour will be rescheduled, their website is now showing the tour as running from 10.30am to 3.30pm.

Our first time also. I do think NCL needs to be more like the airlines. On their site they post any flight changes in red and then send an email of the change. That would be nice. Maybe it's coming.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I received and e-mail this morning on the change in times. Your NCL excursions will be fulfilled. I guess enough people alerted them that we had heard about it. What can you do, just have fun and rearrange schedules.