Aqaba to Petra

rochellew46

I seem to be having a problem responding to the thread for finding a taxi from the ship to Petra and return. Ville if you read this, please respond. I have some info.

Rochellew46

When we did this port on Journey in 2014 we had the luxury of stopping in both Eilat and Petra, changing ports overnight. One couple did the very smart thing of traveling to Petra the evening before, staying in a hotel, and tackled the long walk down and back in the early morning before the heat became oppressive.

When we did this port on Journey in 2014 we had the luxury of stopping in both Eilat and Petra, changing ports overnight. One couple did the very smart thing of traveling to Petra the evening before, staying in a hotel, and tackled the long walk down and back in the early morning before the heat became oppressive.

When I was on Journey in May I did the same thing, but with the Azamara shore excursion. It was very pricey, but one of the best experiences I've ever had. We stopped off at Wadi Rum the afternoon before the Azamazing Evening when it was empty, stayed at the Mövenpick Hotel right opposite the entrance to Petra, did the night tour there (magical) and saw Little Petra the early morning after with nobody there followed by the main Petra site. There were only 12 of us on the tour. Wonderful.

Phil

I am having trouble responding too. I will give you my phone number if you want so we can talk about it more easily. Let me know if yu are comfortable with that.

Rochelle