Vancouver Train Station to Port?'s

djandnic

We are taking the Amtrak train from Seattle to Vancouver, and then to the port to get on a cruise ship. Several questions:

• I'm assuming taxi's are readily available at the train station, but if not, what is the best way to get to the port from the train station?
  • Do you know how far this is and approximate cost of a taxi?
  • I'm assuming taxi's take American currency? If they don't do they take credit cards or is there an ATM machine at the train station to get Canadian money?

Thanks for the responses, obviously you care tell it's our first time leaving from a Canadian port.;)

We are taking the Amtrak train from Seattle to Vancouver, and then to the port to get on a cruise ship. Several questions:

• I'm assuming taxi's are readily available at the train station, but if not, what is the best way to get to the port from the train station?
  • Do you know how far this is and approximate cost of a taxi?
  • I'm assuming taxi's take American currency? If they don't do they take credit cards or is there an ATM machine at the train station to get Canadian money?

Thanks for the responses, obviously you care tell it's our first time leaving from a Canadian port.;)

Yes taxi's are readily available at the train station. Are you going directly to the ship or a hotel?

If your on the morning one , taxi will be your best bet.

taxis will take US dollars , Canadian dollars and credits cards ( Normally Visa & MasterCard only). Your best choice is the CC. US cash will be accepted with a poor or no exchange rate at all. Cash change will be in Canadian currency only..

Yes taxi's are readily available at the train station. Are you going directly to the ship or a hotel?

If your on the morning one , taxi will be your best bet.

taxis will take US dollars , Canadian dollars and credits cards ( Normally Visa & MasterCard only). Your best choice is the CC. US cash will be accepted with a poor or no exchange rate at all. Cash change will be in Canadian currency only..

Thank you, very helpful. Yes, we are going directly from the train to the port, taking the morning train out Seattle arriving in Vancouver around noon or so I believe. Do you happen to know approximate cost to the port from the train station?