Miami transfers with three toddlers

flyaway

We will be a party of 7 -- 4 adults and three three-year olds. We would prefer not to travel with three bulky car seats and have to store them in our cabins. Does that mean we are limited to cruise line (Disney) transfers? Or have you guys heard of any car services that will provide car seats? Any other options?

Since we want to fly in the day before, will there be any issue if we stay in the hotel inside the Miami airport? Like, DCL won't give us a hard time about using their transfers because we won't be coming directly off a flight, right?

Thank you!!

Flying into MIA? :confused: You should be okay with hotel shuttles - chec k out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites and others) with shopping and dining options within walking distance. You can shuttle back to MIA and catch the cruiseline transfer bus from there.

Larry's Limos is often suggested for Miami service. Good luck! :)

Thanks! I feel like Hampton Inn and Suites could be a good way to go if our family of three and my friend's family of four fly in at different times. The issue with all of us going to the hotel together is that the airport shuttle is a van (which, unlike a bus, requires car seats for small children), and the Hampton Inn only owns two car seats (I called). But it sounds like for port transfers most of the time (and particularly on Saturdays, which is good for us) they use a bus, so that would be great.

The hotel in the airport gets such mediocre to bad reviews that I'd like to stay elsewhere, but it might just not be worth the hassle to stay at another hotel, since we don't want to have to deal with one transportation headache Friday afternoon to get to our hotel and another Saturday morning, getting to port.

I also found that Top Shuttle has car seats (and they said three would be no problem). So we would probably be able to save a lot of $$$ over DCL transfers if we use them to the port, if Hampton Inn or similar doesn't work out. And definitely on the way back to the airport that will probably be a good option.

I wish it were like Vancouver, where they have an awesome hotel right upstairs from the port. It looks to me like all of the hotels near the port would still require a cab in the morning.

Edited by flyaway

• 1 year later...

I just purchased the Ride Safer Travel Vest for my 3 year old. Initially, I looked for advice on purchasing narrower car seats for our two tots. Then, I remembered our family beach trip with four adults, four kids between the ages of 2 and 4, and only 1 minivan. I decided to find some travel friendly options. I loved the Bubblebums, but our two kids are still too young and don't weigh enough to use the booster safely. I stumbled across the web sight: ridesafertravelvest.com after looking at family travel forums. Since we travel often, these suit our needs very well.