Phillipine ports of call

Buccaneer_1

Whoops

thought I'd posted this on the Roll call where there's been no traction yet but seems I was in the wrong forum when I pressed GO so here goes again.

As far as I can see the March 1st cruise Hong Kong to Singapore via the Phillipines & Borneo is a new itinerary for Seabourn. Anyone been this way before or does anyone have any idea what options other than the Seabourn organized tours there might be in places like 100 islands, Boracay, Coron and Puerto Princesa. The first 3 in that list are tender ports so what's on the wharf ?, can we get to the beaches ourselves ?,what else is there to do other than the tour agendas that the ship will operate, any tour operators or even websites anyone has experience with.

It's not that I don't want to go with the ship as they can often be very good tours but if it's just being taken to a beach as in Boracay then I can find my way myself - probably.

I've been to Manila and other parts of the Phillipines and the Borneo ports are relatively straightforward with a couple of onshore tour operators offering similar and different options (any experience of any of these also of interest) but the Phillipine islands we're stopping at - not a clue other than the diving and snorkelling are good.

Any thoughts gratefully absorbed.

Thanks but I know what Seabourn are offering. What I'm after is any information on whether there are reasonable alternatives to going on all the Seabourn trips and what experience other posters have had, if any, in these ports.

Sorry Buccaneer, I haven't any experience of the Phillipine ports. I have similar queries as you regarding a cruise from LA to FLL through the Panama Canal, with no prior knowledge of any of the ports. However, I have found lots of alternatives to Seabourn tours by first seeing what they are offering and then looking for alternatives on Trip Advisor.