Current Danube Water Levels Bucharest to Budapest

suspaul

We will be on Vikings Passage to Eastern Europe the first week in October and was wondering if anyone is having issues on the Danube right now or have heard of any problems with low water levels in the near future.

Our last river cruise, 12.2011, turned into a bus tour for the first half of the trip due to low water on the Rhine.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Susan

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We will be on Vikings Passage to Eastern Europe the first week in October and was wondering if anyone is having issues on the Danube right now or have heard of any problems with low water levels in the near future.

Our last river cruise, 12.2011, turned into a bus tour for the first half of the trip due to low water on the Rhine.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Susan

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi,

I recently returned from a cruise on the Viking Elba from Budapest to Bucharest. The water level is down near Bucharest and we could not dock in our scheduled port, but docked a little farther down the river. It resulted in a little longer bus ride to Budapest-our final destination. Other than that, we did not experience any problems with the water levels. That was 2 weeks ago--sorry I can't give you any more recent info.

I'm not the expert on this forum on water levels. BUT, I do know that whatever the conditions are now are probably not indicative of what the conditions could be a month from now when you sail. The one thing I have learned from viewing this forum is that things can change drastically on the rivers in just a matter of a few days.

I am sailing in early November and will want to ask the same question you did probably one week before our departure. Even then - no guaranties of what it will be like when you arrive at your boat.

But it's always nice to know what the levels are on the rivers.

You'll get the waterlevels here (also link to my ios / android apps if you want these levels for take away) .. http://www.rivercruiseinfo.com/content/rivers?ri_id=6

If you check the patterns, you'll see that it takes about 10 days for a peak wave to "travel" from Regensburg to the Black Sea.. For anything beyond you'll need a magical crystal ball :)

Archived