Newark Ramada Plaza

erby2283

I'm sure 138East will see this and be able to answer my question!

Me and a friend will be flying in on Oct 19th and sailing on the Anthem the 20th. I currently have a reservation at the Robert Treat hotel based solely on the fact that it has an airport shuttle and its convenience to PATH (which I believe will take us into the city). My rate for that is $172 (including taxes. If I paid now, it would be even a little cheaper but would prefer to pay on arrival) but then I would need to find transportation to the pier and back to the airport post cruise.

But looking at Trinity Reservations, I could get the Newark Ramada for $212 which would included all my transportation (I think). So, if I switched to Ramada, what is the best way to get to the 9/11 Memorial? That's really the the only thing I want to do pre-cruise.

Thanks!

I'm sure 138East will see this and be able to answer my question!

Me and a friend will be flying in on Oct 19th and sailing on the Anthem the 20th. I currently have a reservation at the Robert Treat hotel based solely on the fact that it has an airport shuttle and its convenience to PATH (which I believe will take us into the city). My rate for that is $172 (including taxes. If I paid now, it would be even a little cheaper but would prefer to pay on arrival) but then I would need to find transportation to the pier and back to the airport post cruise.

But looking at Trinity Reservations, I could get the Newark Ramada for $212 which would included all my transportation (I think). So, if I switched to Ramada, what is the best way to get to the 9/11 Memorial? That's really the the only thing I want to do pre-cruise.

Thanks!

What time does your flight arrive on Oct 19? You can do it for less money from the Ramada if you buy the trinity package (which you have to prepay), but timing could be an issue. However, it should work because the 911 Memorial is open late.

When you arrive, you will have to take the Airtrain to the P4 station where you pick up the hotel shuttle. Once you dump your luggage you take the hotel shuttle back to P4 and take Airtrain to the Newark Airport Station. Take the NJ Transit train one stop to Newark Penn Station for $8.50/pp. http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainTo

PATH will be right there across the platform in Newark Penn Station. Buy a ticket from the machine for $2.75 and take any train to World Trade. This will take an hour+ depending on your connections. You reverse the process to go back to the hotel.

If you want to spend more money, you can take a cab from the hotel to Newark Penn Station for about $25, but rush hour might be a consideration (train inbound would be better at rush hour).

What time does your flight arrive on Oct 19? You can do it for less money from the Ramada if you buy the trinity package (which you have to prepay), but timing could be an issue. However, it should work because the 911 Memorial is open late.

When you arrive, you will have to take the Airtrain to the P4 station where you pick up the hotel shuttle. Once you dump your luggage you take the hotel shuttle back to P4 and take Airtrain to the Newark Airport Station. Take the NJ Transit train one stop to Newark Penn Station for $8.50/pp. http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TrainTo

PATH will be right there across the platform in Newark Penn Station. Buy a ticket from the machine for $2.75 and take any train to World Trade. This will take an hour+ depending on your connections. You reverse the process to go back to the hotel.

If you want to spend more money, you can take a cab from the hotel to Newark Penn Station for about $25, but rush hour might be a consideration (train inbound would be better at rush hour).

Thank you!

I haven't booked airfare yet but have many options that will arrive before noon.

Do you think the price difference is worth it to switch? If Robert Treat has the PATH nearby, does staying there make up for the time and hassle of shuttling back to the airport and getting tickets to Penn and then on the PATH? I've priced out some private transportation to the pier and most are over $100.

Thanks for all your helpfulness on these boards. I see your posts quite frequently and appreciate all the time to you take to help everyone!

Thank you!

I haven't booked airfare yet but have many options that will arrive before noon.

Do you think the price difference is worth it to switch? If Robert Treat has the PATH nearby, does staying there make up for the time and hassle of shuttling back to the airport and getting tickets to Penn and then on the PATH? I've priced out some private transportation to the pier and most are over $100.

Thanks for all your helpfulness on these boards. I see your posts quite frequently and appreciate all the time to you take to help everyone!

Everyone has their different priorities and tolerance for dealing with public transit and connections. As you've found out, round trip port transportation is very valuable - worth at least $130. What I'd consider doing is to stay at the Ramada, pay the $25 or so to take a cab to Newark Penn Station and PATH to World Trade. Go in before 4 pm, do the memorial during rush hour, eat dinner, and repeat the route back to the Ramada. Path trains will run at 10 minute or less frequencies between 3 and 9 pm. http://www.panynj.gov/path/full-schedules.cfm

Thanks to Carol last Oct, when we flew into Newark, we stayed at the Hilton which connects to the Path station. Once we arrived at the airport, we had to call the Hotel for the shuttle. Their restaurant is a bit over priced however. By staying at the Hilton we didn't have to deal with cabs back and forth to the Penn Station as it was connected to the Hilton. We were not taking a cruise but going into NYC for a day. The Path took us right to the WTC as she said then we were a short walk over to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum.

Edited by Desert Cruizers