London to Rome by train

spunks

We are considering traveling by train from London to Rome next October,luggage included, and wonder if anyone has made this trip. I am a bit confused by the web sites I have seen on this. Any advise?

Doug

We are considering traveling by train from London to Rome next October,luggage included, and wonder if anyone has made this trip. I am a bit confused by the web sites I have seen on this. Any advise?

Doug

Well, maybe start by saying what confuses you? :)

I have never done the journey, but it's on my bucket list. There are several ways of doing it, as you will see on the excellent Seat 61 website Globaliser referenced. I would probably take the Eurostar-TGV route via Paris and Milan. This route will require an overnight somewhere - you could stay in Milan, although my preference would be Turin as I prefer the city and it's smaller and easier to get around than Milan. In either Turin or Milan, you'll need to transfer train stations to get your Frecciarossa train to Rome as the TGV stops at different stations than the Freccias is these cities.

As long as you can handle your luggage, the journey should be pretty straightforward.