best way to get to west end village?

Tracik

Hi, we will be coming in February from NCL. I have been reading and reading the boards. I think I have decided on going to West End Village for the day.

Am I correct in that the best place is West Bay and you take a ferry or boat over for about $3?

So, how do we get there? I was reading about taking a taxi there but not sure how to get back? From my understanding they aren't lined up waiting on you like they are at the dock area.

Then I read something about a mini bus but someone was saying it was confusing on where and when it was going.

I know we could rent a car but we want to have some drinks while there.

I also saw where you can rent a car with a driver. But, I think that is over kill for us just to go sit on a beach.

HELP please!

Hi, we will be coming in February from NCL. I have been reading and reading the boards. I think I have decided on going to West End Village for the day.

Am I correct in that the best place is West Bay and you take a ferry or boat over for about $3?

So, how do we get there? I was reading about taking a taxi there but not sure how to get back? From my understanding they aren't lined up waiting on you like they are at the dock area.

Then I read something about a mini bus but someone was saying it was confusing on where and when it was going.

I know we could rent a car but we want to have some drinks while there.

I also saw where you can rent a car with a driver. But, I think that is over kill for us just to go sit on a beach.

HELP please!

Best in any light is subjective therefore hard to answer. I am confused, do you wish to go to West End or do you only mention West End so you can take the water taxi to West Bay?

Pre arranged transport is the fastest way to get to anywhere.

Taxi are easy enough to find in the port area, they are not regulated so if you go that route, haggling will be part of the process, I urge you to arrange round trip, this way you only need haggle once and you don't have to worry about finding one for the return trip.

There is a mini bus which runs from Coxen Hole to West End every 10 minutes, then you can take the water taxi to West Bay. Directions to find the mini bus are HERE, the prices on that page are not current.

I do not believe renting a car is the best use of one's time.

If your goals is drinks on West Bay beach, Bananarama has a daypass and transport option. details are HERE.

If you truly wish to go to West End, Sundowner's Beach Bar once upon a time had a day trip package. The web address I had for the is not their's anymore but they do have a FB page of you wish to contact them.

Edited by Guest 2000

• 2 months later...