Bayport Cruise Terminal

nanuak

I am having problems pulling up directions. When I use the address Carnival gives, all of the programs say that it cannot be found. Has anyone heard how long they will be in Bayport? I have hotel reservation in Galveston that I will need to cancel and book one for Houston.

this is address I found when I googled it:

111 East Loop North

Houston, Texas USA 77029

http://portofhouston.com/cruiseinfo/cruiseinfo.html

I am on the November 2 and was really glad they made this announcement so soon after Ike.

That address is the address of the Port Authority of Houston. Carnival's address given on the site left out a word; the correct address for Bayport is:

4700 Cruise Terminal Road

Seabrook TX 77586

For those of have been there, it's about 10 miles south of Barbour's Cut Terminal along highway 146. Easiest way to get to Bayport is to take IH-45 (Gulf Freeway) south to NASA 1 and go east (left under the bridge if you're going south on 45). Turn left (north) on Bayport Blvd then right (east) on Port Road.

Oh, and unless they've upgraded it, Port Road is a two-lane blacktop road, and there's nothing else around the terminal (this may have changed in the year or so since I wandered out), so hopefully Port Houston has provided some parking.

I'm just passing on what I heard from a co-worker, but he had to drive to Pasadena, TX last Sunday, (from around Dallas) and he said that he had no problem driving in south on Loop 610 from I45. I haven't been to the port myself, but the address I have shows 111 East Loop North • Houston, Texas 77029 and according to the map, he would have passed by there on his way further south. I can't say I've seen it myself, but according to him the main highways were okay, but some of the access roads still had some flooding.

He also said to have plenty of fuel, becase the lines were long down around there.

I'm just passing on what I heard from a co-worker, ... but the address I have shows 111 East Loop North • Houston, Texas 77029

Please please do not use the 111 E Loop N address. That's definitely incorrect and will put you almost 20 miles across town and inside the 610 loop away from where you want to be.

I'm not trying to dog on anybody, as Port Authority Houston makes it REALLY hard to find an address on their site, and Carnival typoed the address on theirs. I reply only to keep the correct address at the bottom, where people are most likely to see it: 4700 Cruise Terminal Rd, Seabrook TX 77586

I am sure logistics to Bayport departures will be forthcoming, but not real soon. There is still such a great power loss in and around Houston...the businesses that are getting open, have many employees unable to report to work.

Last I saw, ships of all sorts were jammed up waiting for the ship channel to be cleared.

Commercial traffic will be the biggest priority for at least another week. Cruise ships (there be only a few) will be lower on the list, in my opinion.

NW Houston, DnA

Please please do not use the 111 E Loop N address. That's definitely incorrect and will put you almost 20 miles across town and inside the 610 loop away from where you want to be.

I'm not trying to dog on anybody, as Port Authority Houston makes it REALLY hard to find an address on their site, and Carnival typoed the address on theirs. I reply only to keep the correct address at the bottom, where people are most likely to see it: 4700 Cruise Terminal Rd, Seabrook TX 77586

I'm glad we're here to share info like that. Thanks for the clarification on the address.:)

Here are some places to check out in La Porte. Most are on or close to Hwy 146.

Comfort Suites La Porte - http://www.laportehotel.com - (281) 842-9200

La Quinta: Laporte - http://www.lq.com - (281) 470-0760

Best Western-La Porte - http://www.bestwesterntexas.com - (281) 471-4040

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites La Porte - http://www.hiexpress.com - (877) 863-4780

Here are some places to check out in La Porte. Most are on or close to Hwy 146.

Comfort Suites La Porte - www.laportehotel.com - (281) 842-9200

La Quinta: Laporte - www.lq.com - (281) 470-0760

Best Western-La Porte - www.bestwesterntexas.com - (281) 471-4040

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites La Porte - www.hiexpress.com - (877) 863-4780

This afternoon, I booked at Comfort Suites in La Porte for 11/1/08.

I booked online, but when I called choicehotels, they told me they could not book me directly; and to confirm with the property itself (to make sure that they are actually going to be open for business).

I used the Pasadena address Carnival gave on mapquest and came up with nothing. But when I put it in on the Rand McNally site, it came right up. Even showed Cruise Terminal Road.

I just booked the LaQuinta at Hobby for the 25th. Cost more than what I had in Galveston, but still not bad. I booked with their 800 number and had no problem. Hope I still have no problem on the 25th!

Here in Deer Park there are several hotels and they are up and running already (booked of course due to Ike but will be available in coming weeks). They are about 15 minute drive to Bayport terminal. Not sure if they have shuttle or not.

Best Western

Comfort Inn

Hampton Inn

Holiday Inn Express

LaQuinta (in final stage of construction and should be open real soon)

<<I am on the November 2 and was really glad they made this announcement so soon after Ike.>>

We were grateful as well. We felt guilty wanting to call so soon after such a tragedy. We actually got an automatic email from our online TA. Makes me glad we chose them now.

Seabrook ,Kemah, La Port, Baytown, all have a lot of damage from Ike. The crews are working 24/7 to restore power, but there are still huge power outages. Hopefully things will improve quickly, but there is so much destruction. Make sure you check directly with whichever hotel/motel. Good luck to all.

Here's a copy of a post I made earlier today on the Carnival Board. It should be helpful:

Well this afternoon the hit counter on my Bayport Cruise Terminal map took off like a shot!

Click on the link above for my cruise map to the terminal. Some helpful hints:

Click on the marker by the terminal (or the text under the map) and a pop-up window will appear. You can click on the "To here" link and enter your starting point (address, city/state, zip code, airport code) to obtain driving directions to the terminal.

You can use the Search box at the bottom of the map to locate nearby points of interest, such as hotels and restaurants. I have one area marked already which has a good number of hotels. If you zoom in on that area and use the search box (search term "hotel"), the actual hotels will show up on the map.

One important note: Google's maps have not quite caught up with the new construction in the area. So the routing will not be quite correct for the last mile or so. I'm sure there will be lots of signs or directions at the end there near the terminal. The Satellite image does show the new roads.

Hope this is a help to everyone!

Theron

Your link and map are great, but you need to know that there is a lot of damage along Tx 146. For example, the Kemah Boardwalk took severe damage. Things may not open on the Boardwalk until next spring break. People may need to look for hotels a little further out if they need something soon. I'm not trying to depress anyone, but the damage in the area has been severe.

Your link and map are great, but you need to know that there is a lot of damage along Tx 146. For example, the Kemah Boardwalk took severe damage. Things may not open on the Boardwalk until next spring break. People may need to look for hotels a little further out if they need something soon. I'm not trying to depress anyone, but the damage in the area has been severe.

Ah yes, of course... the Google map and everything on it were made well before the hurricane came along. Always double check your routes and destination!

Theron

I need to know about parking since we will be driving in. The google satellite image shows just enough parking for the employees there,certainly not enough for cruisers. Is that map incorrect or is there some kind of parking structure built that isn't showing.

Just North of there is the old terminal Barbours Cut, we used on NCL back in 05. I thought the same thing until I compared the size of that parking lot to the new terminal lot. The new one is way bigger.

Unfortunately the new one has not had the opportunity to have any outside vendors establish their own lots so it looks as if we are parking there. The old one charged $7/day I think.

Archived