Accessible/reg rooms on Sapphire Princess

RCNigam

We are going to do the Alaska cruise with family members who are wheelchair dependent. They will have a wheelchair accessible exterior room on the Emerald Deck. If we get a balcony room on the Baja deck, will they be able to come and hang out with us and enjoy the balcony? Or would it need to be an accessible balcony room?

Anyone familiar with Sapphire Princess' rooms E300 or B300?

Can your friends walk at all or do they need to stay in the chair all the time? The doors to standard cabins have an effective clearance of only about 19 inches. (The Princess website says they are 21 inches wide but the door and frame take away about 2 inches.) If they can walk a bit and have a chair that collapses they could come in your room. Also there is no ramp to the balcony in standard cabins. Finally, the balcony area of the room, on any deck other than Caribe will be quite small - about 9 ft. by 5 ft? - with two seats and a small table so not quite conducive to a party.

I use a scooter and find it better to be up on deck or in a lounge if meeting others.

We have been on the Sapphire twice, once with my sister and bro-in-law who had a balcony cabin. My mother is in a power chair, and was unable to enter their cabin at all, much less the balcony. We had a 3 person inside accessible cabin that was very nice, and used the public areas when we wanted to have a view (indoors or out).

Archived