Greek Ports - Skiathos, Hydra, Volos

Hello everyone. I am considering an Azamara cruise in 2015 that hits these Greek ports - Skiathos, Hydra, Volos (Meteroa) in addition to the regular most visited ones. I have never been to any of these islands/ports.

Anyone been to these places and have any thoughts?

For those that have been before, would you recommend these places and would you want to return there?

Thanks for your help and time!

• 3 months later...

Would definitely return to Skiathos and Volos. Skiathos is lovely. We hired a scooter and went beach hopping. Did 6 beaches! The town itself is nice too but the island is wonderful to explore.

Volos - we took an excursion to a Meteora - it is a MUST! Just amazing there, breathtaking. Nothing in Volos to speak about, but it is the gateway to Meteora.

We just did these 2 ports in June off the Azamara Quest.

Loved them!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also took the Meteora tour from Vols and loved it. If you get a clear day the perched monasteries and limestone rocks are really impressive.

Skiathos had a lovely setting and a scenic short tender into the dock. We only walked around town exploring the waterfront and the higher up less touristy bits, but I think others probably ventured out of town or to beaches for some "down" time.

It is attractive and beautifully maintained, the usual harbour with private yachts, fishing boats, ferries, and the day we were there, many boat trips setting off from the harbour. Lots of cafes, restaurants and shops too. They make a big thing of some of it being used for scenes in Mamma Mia! but I think at most only a couple of scenes were actually shot there.

It is sometimes a nice change to go into smaller places for a change of pace, and to have less of an agenda ashore.