Picture using my new Panasonic FZ200

I just wanted to thank everyone for all their advice on cameras. I have been practicing with my new Panasonic FZ200, and I am very pleased with the results. Attached is one of the pictures that I took today in Northern Yellowstone. We were lucky enough to see a mama bear with 2 cubs, and 1 grizzly. I didn't use a tripod for this picture, so I was very pleased with the quality.

1703331121_YellowstoneJune2013063.jpg.47cce38608ed484bee70383fe1694388.jpg

I'm looking at this camera at the moment. I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ28 (upgraded from an FZ18 which developed a major fault after 51 weeks!) which is four years old, and now the motor seems to be sticking on both the shutter and the zoom, so I think it may be time to replace it.

I've loved the FZ28 , it does all I want and more, and I don't feel the need to upgrade to a full SLR from a 'bridge' - but could I manage with one from the FZ60 series? Oh, temptation, temptation ...

Great photo, by the way :)

Thank you very much. I am really loving this camera. The zoom is amazing, and I am very impressed with how clear the pictures are coming out even though I haven't been using a tripod. That bear cub in that picture was a good 75 years from where I took it, and I didn't even have it zoomed in all the way. I can't wait to see what kind of pictures I can get on my Alaskan cruise in 2 short weeks. :)

I'm looking at this camera at the moment. I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ28

I've loved the FZ28 , it does all I want and more, and I don't feel the need to upgrade to a full SLR from a 'bridge' - but could I manage with one from the FZ60 series? Oh, temptation, temptation ...

You might google "FZ60 v FZ200"

I know what you mean - I had a Panasonic FZ28, the FZ35, FZ150 and now the FZ200 (which my wife uses).

I really don't think you can beat it as a travel camera just because of its great zoom range.

In Steve's reviews, he does like the FZ60 though he gives higher marks to the FZ200

• 2 weeks later...

How is the "size"? I'm used to a point and shoot that fits in my pocket (I'm I'm wearing the right jeans). I'm hesitant to get a bigger camera since the feel heavy on my neck. I'm not opposed to some weight but I definitely don't want DSLR weight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

How is the "size"? I'm used to a point and shoot that fits in my pocket (I'm I'm wearing the right jeans). I'm hesitant to get a bigger camera since the feel heavy on my neck. I'm not opposed to some weight but I definitely don't want DSLR weight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

ZS19/20/30 would fit in your pants pocket or around your belt. FZ60/200 is too big.

FZ60/FZ200 definitely too big to put in trouser pockets, but it's not too heavy / burdensome. I can fit mine in a shoulder bag, but not a small handbag / purse / pocket book, but don't find it too heavy when I wear it around my neck.

Archived