MSC Divina - Cabin Question

J&B in GA

This will be our first cruise with MSC and like others I have a cabin question.

Pete (Skier52) or anyone familiar with Cabin 10145 on the MSC Divina, please let me know what you think about it's location, noise issues if near lifts or other concerns. Since this a HC, I assume the door entrance is wide enough for a motorized scooter ? Door width please ? Pete, if you have a photo of the ship and can circle it's location like I've seen you do previously, that would be appreciated.

This is a Fantasia Balcony upgrade from a Bella Interior GTY, so do the Fantasia experience perks apply to us, i.e. anytime dining and drink vouchers ? We are sailing B2B in late May/June 2016.

All responses are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by J&B in GA

This will be our first cruise with MSC and like others I have a cabin question.

Pete (Skier52) or anyone familiar with Cabin 10145 on the MSC Divina, please let me know what you think about it's location, noise issues if near lifts or other concerns. Since this a HC, I assume the door entrance is wide enough for a motorized scooter ? Door width please ? Pete, if you have a photo of the ship and can circle it's location like I've seen you do previously, that would be appreciated.

This is a Fantasia Balcony upgrade from a Bella Interior GTY, so do the Fantasia experience perks apply to us, i.e. anytime dining and drink vouchers ? We are sailing B2B in late May/June 2016.

All responses are greatly appreciated..

Thank you

First off the upgrade applies to the cabin only. the experience doesn't get upgraded.

so as you purchased a Bella experience that's what you will get.

The position is fine, it's in the forward recess but far enough away from the hump wall for the limitation to the views to be reasonable, and far better than the Bella H cabins on deck 9 (9211/9213/9214/9216)

I believe that the doors on the H cabins are 3 inches wider than the standard width cabin door .If I remember correctly the standard doors are 24 inches.

So I would expect the H cabin door to be 27 inches

I wouldn't expect it to be a noisy location and it is only a short distance to the lifts so convenient without the noise of inconsiderate guests

here is the image you requested

divina%20port%20side%20H%20cabin.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Cabin 10145 has a door width of 0.815 meters. Or 32" for us American folk. ;)

Bret

thanks for correcting my assumption Bret. BTW from March 21 I'll be on a cruise on Orchestra for 28 days with no computer or similar so I won't be answering any questions. How about you ?

Pete

I will be on the Divinia in Oct. Traveling with my sister and one of her friends. We booked a balcony cabin and will have the beds separated and using the fold out bed as well. I have a mobility scooter that I would like to bring. Will there be enough room in our cabin to store the scooter? We were on the Getaway in Oct and had plenty of room for it. I don't want to bring it if it is going to be a big problem with storing it. I only use the scooter in ports, don't need it for the ship itself. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Buzz

Buzz,

I personally think it will be a bit tight. I would suggest taking a look at some videos on YouTube such as this one:

Even though the beds are together in this video, you will have about the same amount of space. Hope this helps.

Bret

Thanks for the info, I think you are right, so I will just leave it at home. We tried to book a HC room but they won't let 3 people in an HC room even though there is a couch in the room for a 3rd bed, thought this was strange.

Buzz

Thanks for the info, I think you are right, so I will just leave it at home. We tried to book a HC room but they won't let 3 people in an HC room even though there is a couch in the room for a 3rd bed, thought this was strange.

Buzz

On my deck plans of Divina the H balcony cabins on

deck 9; 9211/9214

deck 10; 10128/10130/10143/10145/10206/10221

deck 11; 11214

and deck 12 ; 12126/12128/12153/12155/ are marked as having double sofa beds,

the inside H cabins 8003/8004/8242/9244/10238/11246/12242 are marked a having a third guest bunk.

These cabins are still marked as I have outlined on the current deck plans on the MSC UK web site.

I'd take it up with them

Pete

Edited by Skier52

On my deck plans of Divina the H balcony cabins on

deck 9; 9211/9214

deck 10; 10128/10130/10143/10145/10206/10221

deck 11; 11214

and deck 12 ; 12126/12128/12153/12155/ are marked as having double sofa beds,

the inside H cabins 8003/8004/8242/9244/10238/11246/12242 are marked a having a third guest bunk.

These cabins are still marked as I have outlined on the current deck plans on the MSC UK web site.

I'd take it up with them

Pete

I sent my agent the info you provided, I hope he can get something arranged for us.

Thanks,

Buzz

• 11 months later...