MSC Magnifica

Barry Shaw

We were seconds away from booking a 122 world cruise aboard MSC Magnifica and then we decided to read passengers reviews and were shocked that the vast majority were scathing about the poor food, the price gouging and pushiness of the staff to buy stuff, the mediocre and repetitive entertainment.

Can anyone say anything strongly positive about this ship that would persuade us to spend 22 on MSC Magnifica?

We were seconds away from booking a 122 world cruise aboard MSC Magnifica and then we decided to read passengers reviews and were shocked that the vast majority were scathing about the poor food, the price gouging and pushiness of the staff to buy stuff, the mediocre and repetitive entertainment.

Can anyone say anything strongly positive about this ship that would persuade us to spend 22 on MSC Magnifica?

In 14 cruises on MSC I've never experienced this.

Read other forums where there are multiple complaints about food quality. I'll never understand why people have such high expectations of food offerings for the price they pay per day for a cruise. :confused: I can only compare MSC with Celebrity which is often twice the price or more and IMHO did not serve any better food - just different.

Book it, don't book it - I'm not trying to persuade you either way.

I've sailed twice on the Magnifica and consider it the nicest of its class of four MSC ships. On all the ships I've always found the food to be very good. As far as a pushy staff and mediocre entertainment, I don't belive I've ever experienced this in my 15 MSC cruises. I've never understood those negative reviews, so many of which were written by people who just joined cruise critic. Reviews by more experienced cruisers seem to be more positive.

We cruised on the Magnifica in January this year and thought it was excellent. It is different than the main US based cruise lines. We have used NCL, Carnival, P&O and Costa in the past.

Service was excellent as good if not better than the other cruise lines

The drink package in my opinion is the best value in the industry. Remember it also incudes the gelato bar ad excellent coffee!

Food - this is very subjective,. We enjoy leisurely meals with a lot of variety - MSC's 7 course dinners were very varied and on the whole was very good. Each course is quite small but if you want more you only have to ask. No you do not get lots of steak and lobster.

Entertainment - Because of the number of nationalities on board this can be limited in terms of comedians etc. There were a lot of bars with live music some to our taste some not.

Al in all we felt that value for money MSC can not be beaten. Do we prefer somethings on the other cruise lines of course we do. Every cruise we have been on has had it's pluses and minuses.

We sailed the MSC Magnifica last October and had a great cruise in the Eastern Med. The ship itself is very beautiful with great interiors. Very clean everywhere. Various entertainment in all the lounges during the day end evenings. The food impressed me and it seems like the quality have improved in the MDR. Very good service as well.

I can highly recommend the MSC Magnifica. Have a look at my video from the cruise:

[YOUTUBE]oP6CGhlJMvU[/YOUTUBE]

HI.... I am booked SOLO on the upcoming WORLD CRUISE. I took the MSC Divina on int's 19 Day transatlantic (Barcelona to Miami) when she came over to 'live' in Miami and I loved MSC. It is a more traditional type of cruise and I guess that the Magnifica will be as good. Since this will be their first World Cruise, they will have to adapt a few things. I have been searching for a World Cruise for the pas 2 years and this one is perfect. Visiting 12 cities for 1-2 nights are very rare and 15 included excursions for this price....Go For it and I look forward in meeting you onboard. James-Dean!

• 10 months later...
We sailed the MSC Magnifica last October and had a great cruise in the Eastern Med. The ship itself is very beautiful with great interiors. Very clean everywhere. Various entertainment in all the lounges during the day end evenings. The food impressed me and it seems like the quality have improved in the MDR. Very good service as well.

I can highly recommend the MSC Magnifica. Have a look at my video from the cruise:

oP6CGhlJMvU

Thank you for posting this video. Made me very excited about our upcoming cruise on this beautiful ship.