Port Canaveral - New Car Rental Option

Johncn

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I used them last year when we were in port with NCL. It was great. The shuttle was waiting for us and took us directly to Payless. What I thought was a benefit was that they are open till 7 pm and have a shuttle to take you back to the ship. They had great customer service and honored the discount for CC members. Reasonable rates as well.I plan on booking again with them since we will be on another cruise this April.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know if Payless is inside the security gate so you can get van and go back to ship to pick up rest of the group (7 people) WITHOUT having to go back through the security point?

We're there from 12-9:30 and are heading to Downtown Disney. Would just like to beat the car rental rush so we can enjoy more time at Disney.

it depends ......

there is not one big security fence around 'the port' , each terminal has its own security perimeter (for the most part)

visiting ships can be parked at different piers ..... most are at T-3, some at T-1 and Disney always tries to use 'their' terminal ... and this changes regularly as it may with the arrival of EPIC for a new NCL presence here in Canaveral.

btw Downtown Disney was closed ... it no longer exists ..... no lie ..... old news

now Disney Springs on the other hand . . . .

Capt BJ

Thanks. We'll be in on the Anthem. Not sure which Pier???

So which Pier is the Payless at? Or does it not matter if my husband gets a taxi to whichever rental agency has the best deal? Just trying to make it as less hassle as possible when we get there.

Yes -- I know it's Disney Springs. I just have called it Downtown Disney for years.