Eastern Caribbean, February - Weather & Water

twolittlebirds

Google is your friend here. Google weather for some of the ports in February. The open water can be a little choppy but really not bad. You may feel some light movement in the ship. Last October we did 12 days and only had one day with partial rain in Greece. There were some areas going into Istanbul that had a little chop over night, but not enough to raise any eyebrows. Remember any cruise is subject to Mother Nature and she rules the weather everywhere.

Anything below the Bahamas will be nice and warm.. and being from Canada, the water will feel heavenly!

I only go in the water if I get hot enough... but for those who want to get wet for the hell of it, then it will be fine.

Now, the Bahama's weather is similar to Florida...so if there's a far reaching cold front, it can affect the Bahamas.

Nassau could be chilly - it is not in the Caribbean - but you could have 60 degree weather and cool water. St. Thomas and St. Maarten are far enough south to assure you of warm weather - likely sunny, in the 80's and water temp at least high 70's to low 80's - we spend two weeks in St. Maarten every January, and have never experienced cool weather or much rain - if anything a brief shower.

• 2 weeks later...

We did Eastern in Feb also. In Nassau, I wore a light sweater, and I'm from CA. One of the guides at Fort Fincastle was wearing a ski jacket! Also went to Coco Cay in Feb the year prior. Way to cold to get in the water, and the ocean in Huntington Beach is ALWAYS freezing! Even in the summer. Too cold for me.

St Thomas and St Martin were pretty hot. I got sunburned on St John. And it was cloudy.

As this is our first cruise ever, how is the weather during this time of year?

We will be cruising OOTS, Eastern Caribbean, from February 7-14th.

What is the open water like during this time of the year?

Thanks!

February is a good month weather. Check the forecast on google, just before you go.