Allure Barcelona Embarkation

Hi all,

Cruisin' the Mediterranean in a couple of weeks and wondering about the duty free shop on the Barcelona pier once you pass security and start heading onto the ship.

For any previous cruiser from this port, can we purchase wine (or other libations) to bring on with us here? They technically have already X-rayed our luggage and have inspected our allowed 2 bottles.

Just wondering about extra.

We went onto Serenade from Barcelona 2 years ago and purchased 2 bottles of wine and 6 liters of bottled water and assorted candies and my wife actually bought me a tie before boarding the ship. They did check the carry on for the wine though when we were on board.

Carry on luggage goes through Port of Barcelona security at the entrance to the terminal.

The shops are located after check-in and on the way to the escalator up to the boarding pier. Royal Caribbean and other lines often have a security station set up on the deck of the ship as you board and prior to entering the interior boarding area.

Some cruisers have reported this not being the case, but RCI have had additional security on all 6 of my sailings from Barcelona.

They do not seem to be overly concerned with this issue.

Nothing would stop someone from exiting the ship and returning to the terminal for purchases and boarding the ship a second time.

Hi all' date='

Cruisin' the Mediterranean in a couple of weeks and wondering about the duty free shop on the Barcelona pier once you pass security and start heading onto the ship.

For any previous cruiser from this port, can we purchase wine (or other libations) to bring on with us here? They technically have already X-rayed our luggage and have inspected our allowed 2 bottles.

Just wondering about extra.[/quote']

Can anyone let me know if you can buy mouth wash and tooth paste at any of the shops past the port entrance security?

THANKS!

Can anyone let me know if you can buy mouth wash and tooth paste at any of the shops past the port entrance security?

THANKS!

Yes, there is a shop selling those sort of things in terminal B. For those who are boarding Allure the ship embarks in two different terminals. We boarded in B which has the best selection of shops but the other terminals are more limited.

To answer the OP's question we have boarded in Barcelona many times and sometimes they have a scanner onboard to check for bottles and sometimes not. In fact one year, I boarded about 10 minutes after other family members and when they boarded there was no scanner but by the time I boarded they had just started scanning bags and taking a note of room numbers if people were carrying on wine (also confiscating bottles of spirits to be handed back at the end of the cruise).

In June this year they didn't have a scanner so theoretically we could have taken on more bottles than we were allowed.