Transfers from IAH?

*Mach*

As I drive to the port this hasn't been a concern for me but I've been asked so I'll see if you guys have an answer...

Have any of the companies that did transfers to Galveston stepped up to the plate for transfers to Bayport?

Anyone have contact info for a good, reliable service??

Thanks a bunch!!!

:)

If your talking about transfers from the Airport to the port, we got ahold of the company we booked to take us to our hotel the night before and pick us up after the cruise. As soon as we found out that we will sail out of Houston we tried to contact them yesterday. We got no answer and didn't think we would since we use Galveston Limousine service and they are out of Galveston. But today my DH received a call from them and they we able to get their vehicles off the island and are now working on a schedule for the new port. She said she would call us in the next couple days.

If your talking about transfers from the Airport to the port, we got ahold of the company we booked to take us to our hotel the night before and pick us up after the cruise. As soon as we found out that we will sail out of Houston we tried to contact them yesterday. We got no answer and didn't think we would since we use Galveston Limousine service and they are out of Galveston. But today my DH received a call from them and they we able to get their vehicles off the island and are now working on a schedule for the new port. She said she would call us in the next couple days.

As soon as you get the info could you pass it along, please??

Thanks a bunch!

:)

Just got an email from Galveston Limo service. We originally was going from IAH to a Hotel on Seawall in Galveston and then picked up at the Cruise Terminal after cruise and back to IAH. Since we are now going to a Baytown hotel instead of Galveston they have upped the price $50.00. We are now looking for a new shuttle service so if anybody finds anything let me know please.

Just got an email from Galveston Limo service. We originally was going from IAH to a Hotel on Seawall in Galveston and then picked up at the Cruise Terminal after cruise and back to IAH. Since we are now going to a Baytown hotel instead of Galveston they have upped the price $50.00. We are now looking for a new shuttle service so if anybody finds anything let me know please.

any reason for bumping the price $50? i am not familiar with the distances and all but I thought that Baytown is closer to IAH than Galveston. Correct me if i am wrong...

We believed it to be closer to but the best I can guess is since they are based in Galveston they have to make the trip back to Galveston after they drop us off in Baytown. Now the cost for 2 people is $200.00 instead of $150.00. I thought that was a big jump. From the looks of it, it will probably be cheaper to take a taxi.

IAH is in the pretty far north of Houston. Hobby is a lot closer to the new Bay Port. That limo service was ripping you off charging an extra $50. No matter how they look at it, it would be the same, or less mileage. No way it would be more.

Check taxi prices before you go. I took a Taxi from one point of IAH to another, and was charged $15 bucks. If all else fails, call Houston Chamber of Commerce, and see if they are working on any of this.

We finally got all the transportation issues worked out. DH called Galveston Limo to cancel our shuttle due to the price increase and she decided to wave the upcharge. Imagine that. :rolleyes: Anyways the other shuttle service we were checking into was rideflyreservations.com. They check multiple shuttle services in the area and find the best price. It would cost us the same if we changed so we are going to leave it with Galveston Limo since it was already paid for.

Archived