Help! Leaving tomorrow!

kadey

We decided YESTERDAY to do an all inclusive beach day at Almaplena. I've sent then a reservation request last night via their website. Then today sent an email. I haven't heard back from them an d we leave tomorrow! I've even tried to call.We picked this resort because of the lack of seagrass as is important to us! If you did this resort do you remember if they took a long while to return your emails/reservation request? Any quick second suggestions for another all inclusive for us to try (quickly!!) that has no seagrass? Thank you for any help!!

Steve's place is called Tropicante. It's along the malecon in the middle. Take a taxi there. $3pp down $2 pp return. You can also try Blue Kay. It's at the beginning of the malecon nearer the lighthouse. Less sea grass reported there when there's sea grass along that stretch of the beach. Neither charge a fee to use their facilities or loungers, just buy some food and drink from them.

And take all you information for Almaplena with you and see if you can call them once you dock. Or sign up for some web minutes and reach back to check you home email to see if they responded.

Edited by crewsweeper

I would think with them being a little further out, they might have "iffy" service here and there. I do know they had wifi, but you needed to be up by the main restaurant area when we were there. I don't remember if it cut in and out when we were there or not.

If you don't get in touch with them, check out Blue Kay. It's free there, beautiful (just like Almaplena), crystal blue water and sand (also awesome snorkeling too), hardly any sea grass and only 5 minutes from port. It's BEAUTIFUL there trust me and the beach is huge. (Bigger than Almaplena). There's plenty of shade there as well.

Check out my review with over 100 pictures in it...located in my signature line. :) I'll be around tonight if you have any questions.

I was able to get in touch with them via phone and got a reservation! I wanted to stop back and let you know the outcome and to say thank you to each of you that offered your help! I really appreciated the information!-Kade

I was able to get in touch with them via phone and got a reservation! I wanted to stop back and let you know the outcome and to say thank you to each of you that offered your help! I really appreciated the information!-Kade

Enjoy your cruise and come back with your comments on Almaplena.:)