Looking for itinerary input

Luvnlyfagain

We are comparing two NCL cruises for next year and want to book tomorrow to get in on the 3-4th sail free promotion but I am looking for some input on an itinerary. We are trying to decide between the Getaway and the Escape next February. The Getaway is a Western itinerary that we are familiar with and have done before. The Escape is Eastern, including St. Thomas, British Tortola and Nassau. I have been to St. Thomas before and love it. My question is since there are only 3 port days on this itinerary, what should I know about British Tortola and Nassau before deciding? Some reviews of British Tortola are not very impressive. :(

Any input would be greatly appreciated!:) Thanks!

In Tortola you get the ferry to go to THE BATHS in Virgin Gorda. This is an unbelievable site with HUGE boulders all over the beach, in the water and all over. They have open air buses to take you there from their port and the ship should have a tour there. Google this and you will see what I mean.

In Nassau you can get a horse & buggy ride, go to senior Frogs, visit the straw market and go to Atlantis. Atlantis is the HUGE hotel with many buildings you see on Paradise Island. There will be a flyer about every thing there on the ship. (My grandson's other grandmother took him there just to swim with the dolphins!)

You can also check out the ports here on cruisecritic.

I was in Tortola once and agree that The Baths on Virgin Gorda are totally worth the trip. There were also a few nice shops and vendor tables in the main town on Tortola but not much to do in that town otherwise. I've heard there are some spectacular beaches on Tortola, but I have no personal experience.

I'm not a big fan of Nassau or St. Thomas, though. I agree with Bonnie J's suggestion to check out the boards for each port.

I was in Tortola once and agree that The Baths on Virgin Gorda are totally worth the trip. There were also a few nice shops and vendor tables in the main town on Tortola but not much to do in that town otherwise. I've heard there are some spectacular beaches on Tortola, but I have no personal experience.

I'm not a big fan of Nassau or St. Thomas, though. I agree with Bonnie J's suggestion to check out the boards for each port.

Thank you all for the replies. Much appreciated information.

We enjoy St. Thomas- good beaches. What did you do in St. T. before?

In Nassau- we have taken many excursions- good to take one there- away from the pier. We have recently been to the Melia on Cable Beach and the Blue Lagoon Island for the Dolphin Encounter. There are many excursions available in Nassau.