Getaway - H5 Penthouse Question

esp13

I'm looking at booking an H5 on the Getaway. I've sailed the Getaway before in an H6 (Aft suite) and on the Escape in an Owner's Suite, so I'm familiar with the Haven and the amenities and all that.

My question is simply whether anybody has any insight into whether there is a "better" or "worse" H5 to try and book or try and avoid. I've done the forum search, the google search, read the cabin info thread and looked at the Getaway/Breakaway spreadsheet, so I've tried to find the answer myself, but haven't really found any information. Maybe that means that they are all basically the same with no real surprises or differences and, if so, that's great.

But, I figured that before I called and made the reservation and picked a cabin, I'd at least ask the question and see if I got any responses. So, thanks in advance for any info provided.

I'm looking at booking an H5 on the Getaway. I've sailed the Getaway before in an H6 (Aft suite) and on the Escape in an Owner's Suite, so I'm familiar with the Haven and the amenities and all that.

My question is simply whether anybody has any insight into whether there is a "better" or "worse" H5 to try and book or try and avoid. I've done the forum search, the google search, read the cabin info thread and looked at the Getaway/Breakaway spreadsheet, so I've tried to find the answer myself, but haven't really found any information. Maybe that means that they are all basically the same with no real surprises or differences and, if so, that's great.

But, I figured that before I called and made the reservation and picked a cabin, I'd at least ask the question and see if I got any responses. So, thanks in advance for any info provided.

No direct experience with the Getaway, but we have sailed in Penthouses on most of the other ships, including the near sister ship Escape.

Looking at the deck plans, If we were picking we'd try to stay away from the Deck 16, starboard cabins that are above the fitness center. Don't see much wrong with the Deck 15 cabins as there's nothing above and below them except other cabins.

Enjoy your cruise!

So,,,, it is like any other room regardless of class. You need to look at what is around you.

Deck 15 has rooms, but they are not part of the Haven complex proper. Some (including us) would consider that less desirable. BUT,,,, there are rooms above and below you.

Deck 16, the deck plan avoids being above the Gym. Starboard side is under the Havens sundeck and the Vibe club, so not too much chance of late night partying. The port side is under the public sundeck where people (and kids) may decide to do laps well into the night, or drag chairs (that have been tied up) around. Probably not a big issue, but we had late night frolicking above us in a similar Havens room on the Epic last year. It is worth a few minutes of doing your homework to inspect the deck plans and make sure you are not going to be woken up by someone who decides that dragging a lounger out in the middle of the night for a "quickie" in the moonlight is one of their buck list items.

While not a H5 issue, NCL in their ultimate wisdom, decided to put 1/2 of the spa Havens H9 rooms right under the treadmills in the gym.

We were in the Haven H5, room 15122 this past Nov. While it wasn't up in Haven proper, we were only a few doors away from the stairs that lead us right up to the Haven area at the concierge desk. It was an quick walk there from our room and also to the exit towards the gym and spa. It was an ideal location, IMO. No issues with the room either. It was portside and quiet. No complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I posted a thread about my experience in an H5 by the Haven access door on the Breakaway. A few raised concerns about noise from the slamming of the access door, but I didn't find it to be an issue unless I was in the bathroom. That being said, since you are on an 'Away ship, you're better off in an H5 on Deck 16 than 15. When we upgraded ourselves and selected a Deck 15 cabin (15126 to be exact) didn't think going up a small flight of stairs to the Haven lounge/courtyard/restaurant area would be a big deal, but if you plan on spending a lot of time in the Haven complex, which we did, it became cumbersome. Hope that helps!