Tampa pre cruise

terratrac

Flying into Tampa a day early. What is my best option? Should I rent a car at the airport drive to a hotel and drop car off at the rental site and use their shuttle to the port? Or what hotel can I book that has a shuttle from airport to hotel then following day shuttle to the port?

Several nice hotels in the Rocky Point area offer cruise packages including both airport and port shuttles; we like the Chase Suites but shop around. Shopping and dining options in the area and most will shuttle you within a couple of miles. Good luck! :)

Flying into Tampa a day early. What is my best option? Should I rent a car at the airport drive to a hotel and drop car off at the rental site and use their shuttle to the port? Or what hotel can I book that has a shuttle from airport to hotel then following day shuttle to the port?

Hi,

I looked into the same scenario ..... flight from DTW to TPA one day early.... booked a hotel ...... reserved a rental car. Car is reserved from the airport with a return to one of the hotels close to port ..... and a free shuttle to close by port.

But I changed my preference ...... reserved LQ by the airport ..... the price was right ...... reviews are ok ...... free shuttle from airport to hotel ...... Ihop next door .....International Mall across the street with a bunch of restaurants and stores ( need something to 'kill' the few hours in the PM)...... 10 dol p/p shuttle to port or a taxi (25dol per taxi).

Quote:

Originally Posted by terratrac

We are also flying in a day early for our feb cruise. We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn WESTSHORE. We will take a hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then a shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. This shuttle will cost $11.00 per person. The hotel looks lovely and has great reviews. We will also be spending a night there after the cruise.