IX Gty Cabin

Tee & Chilli

My cruise is 22 days away. When does NCL assign guarantee cabins?

Can you switch after your assignment?

There is a discussion of when people have gotten guarantees assigned on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2092256

My guarantee was set at around 50 days, but Ive seen other peoples times vary. If it gets to be about 2 weeks away, you can call your rep and they can give you some definite answers.

You probably wont be able to switch unless you get a call from the upgrade fairy. Maybe at the pier or service desk you can ask and see if they can switch you. Thats one of the downsides of a guarantee. You are basically getting what they have left.

There is no set time to receive an assignment. Sometimes you may not know until you get to the pier, but usually you get assigned before that.

The whole point of the guarantee is that you are pretty much saying you don't care where your cabin is, so, there is not an opportunity to change cabins in that process. If you DO have preferences on your cabin, then perhaps you should take the initiative NOW and get a cabin you like by upgrading to a non-guarantee cabin.

In basic terms, if you do actually care where your cabin is, then guarantee cabins are NOT for you. I've done several guarantees including my most recent on the Getaway coming up in November, and have done well with them, but you have to be willing to accept what you are given. If not, then it's best to avoid the guarantee categories.