Cartagena, Colombia - Castillo San Felipe

John Bull

We're on a cruise which has a full day in Cartagena. Want to take a local morning tour (ends about 1pm), but it includes only a photo-stop at the fort. It's a shared RollCall tour so we have little or no say in the itinerary.

We want to tour the fort, can anyone tell us whether it is easy to reach under our own steam in the afternoon? By shanks's or bus or taxi. And whether there are cabs available at the fort to return to the ship if needed?

Googlemaps shows it to be near the water, but I can't tell from the map where ships berth.

Many thanks.

JB :)

Ships berth in the commercial harbor. There are taxis in the area behind the store that separates the pier from the street. The drivers offer tours. Maybe you have to negotiate a time for your driver to be back at the fort. I remember the fort entrance to be a prime spot for the most obnoxious vendors ever.

Thanks, guys.

Yes, Bruce, a wealth of info on that forum, thanks for the link. :)

It's headed "Columbia Forum" but I'd looked for a Columbia forum on the listings and didn't find one :confused:

Hence my postings being on South America & Other Caribbean.

So instead of navigation to the fort, any chance of help with navigation to that forum on CC without that led-by-the-hand link?

Mebbe I'm missing out on other forums too.

Just checked the source of your link, Bruce.

Hmmm.

Technical glitch.

Mebbe on Cruise Critic generally, mebbe just on the service via cruisecritic.co.uk

I use "forum jump" listings.

On your link, Columbia is there, immediately after the Carib. listings. :)

But from any other forums, it doesn't appear on "forum jump" :(

Europe is listed immediately after the Trinidad forum, Columbia has disappeared into the ether.

Don't ya just love technology. :rolleyes:

Edited by John Bull

Do you use this as your home page on Cruise Critic?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php

It lists the hundreds of forums and sub forums on Cruise Critic. At least to us on this side of the pond.

No, I use the cruise answers page as a "favourite", & navigate elsewhere from there using forum-jump. Different ways to do the same thing, I find that the easiest.

But yes, I see Columbia listed doing it your way - and that includes starting from scratch without using your link.

A glitch in the forum-jump listing, can't imagine its a problem with my own magic box.

I've notified the mods, hopefully they'll pass the word on to their techie staff who can have hours of fun trying to fix it.

I'm in awe of IT and the world of information at my fingertips. Sometimes frustrated by little technical issues, but this one's pretty trivial.

Edited by John Bull