Handicapped staterooms?

Karen Lynn

Anyone ever travelled in one?

Asking for my MIL..not finding great descriptions online and am on hold with Cunard to see what they can tell me.

My MIL is quite incapacitated, would travel with her husband and a nurse in adjoining stateroom. I know the shower would be wheel in accessible but they use a hoist at home to get her into bed, I imagine there's no such thing onboard?

Any feedback would be great..

Asking for my MIL..not finding great descriptions online and am on hold with Cunard to see what they can tell me.

My MIL is quite incapacitated, would travel with her husband and a nurse in adjoining stateroom. I know the shower would be wheel in accessible but they use a hoist at home to get her into bed, I imagine there's no such thing onboard?

I started a thread last year giving a description and photos of a disability adjusted cabin. Hopefully it may help. They certainly don't have the hoists you speak of as an integral item in each cabin, but they may have some on board the ship that can be allocated on request.

The thread is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1915487

J

We traveled in one on the QV. We realy didn't need it,but there were some available & our TA say they are bigger,which was certainly true. We found the room to be larger than a vista class Princess Grill & nearer to the P-1 we had on the QM2. The bathroom was large with a large shower for wheelchairs. Only down side was no storage space in the bathroom for you toiletries. Our attendant brought in a stacking storage unit, which worked fine. These cabins are for use by handicapped, but available to the general public as well. If they need your room you WILL be moved to another cabin with no upgrade..just the same catagory you originally booked.