Uniworld Debuts India Cruise/Tour in 2016

ewizabeff

According to their Facebook page:

We’re very excited to announce the newest addition to our collection of boutique river cruises and tours—“India’s Golden Triangle & the Sacred Ganges!”

Sailing from New Delhi to Kolkata, the 12-night itinerary will include seven nights onboard the new all-suite Ganges Voyager II, the most ultra-luxurious river cruise ship sailing the Ganges River.

Set to debut in January 2016, our new India program will be open to book on October 15, 2014. More information will be available in the coming months.

I still don't know if I'm a fan of river cruising or Uniworld (I'll find out next week), but I've always wanted to go to India but was concerned about traveling in the country. I'm very intrigued by this option.

According to their Facebook page:

We’re very excited to announce the newest addition to our collection of boutique river cruises and tours—“India’s Golden Triangle & the Sacred Ganges!”

Sailing from New Delhi to Kolkata, the 12-night itinerary will include seven nights onboard the new all-suite Ganges Voyager II, the most ultra-luxurious river cruise ship sailing the Ganges River.

Set to debut in January 2016, our new India program will be open to book on October 15, 2014. More information will be available in the coming months.

I still don't know if I'm a fan of river cruising or Uniworld (I'll find out next week), but I've always wanted to go to India but was concerned about traveling in the country. I'm very intrigued by this option.

Uniworld is Great! We love it. I would be cautious if the trip is on a ship that is Not owned by Uniworld and my guess is it won't be. Note: this opinion is Not based on personal experience since I have only travelled on ships this cruise line owns but from numerous comments I have read about the cruises to the more exotic places like China, SE Asia and Russia.

I just got a mailing on this...it looks fascinating! I've always been interested in India, but I'm concerned about the crowds, which generally overwhelm me. Having a floating hotel apart from the mainland would be a wonderful way to address that! I'm wondering if my TA could add on a tiger safari?

Have not River cruised (yet) but this line was offered along with AMA by my TA for my upcoming cruise, so I'm thinking they might be similar? Anyone know what to expect from Uniworld?

Because it's a new ship, I'm inclined to think it's been purpose built for this itinerary by Uniworld, the decor was very Indian inspired and the descriptions of dining also mentioned purpose built authentic Indian dining areas!

Edited by Familygoboston

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I just made reservations for my wife and I on the 12/8/16 to 12/20/16 sailing. We have never traveled with Uniworld before. Our three previous river cruises were with Viking: Grand European, China & Tibet and the Christmas Markets with Empires of the Mediterranean on the Viking Star this September. River cruising is wonderful!

George