Odd dining room question!

andrewjb1

Ok, I was was just about to book a cruise for my extended family on the Fantasia. 7 of us; my parents, sister and niece (7), nephew (9). Just read a review that stated they had been assigned a table in the back of the buffet for evening meal. Sounds like they threw a few table cloths on tables and put waiters on!

If I book this cruise... I'd basically be a dead man if my mother got on board and this was the case.

Has any one else experienced this.... It really is enough to make me reconsider booking.

this is the thread.. http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2063161&highlight=fantasia

I can confirm that exactly same thing was happening on the Splendida a few years ago. I had been assigned to a regular MDR but I saw a part of the buffet being "transformed" into a dining room for dinners. I definitely did not like it,and wouldn't be happy to be assigned there. The atmosphere seemed to me terrible:eek:.

Happened to me too on the Fantasia quite a few years ago. I wasn't best pleased. They did do basically the same service and menu etc and the buffets were not open during the evening back then. No idea if they are still doing this now with the buffet being open 20 hours.

I'm planning on going in Feb so your feedback is appreciated Beamafar. I note from another of your posts your on the Fantasia shortly. If you could cast an eye on the buffet I'd appreciate it! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm planning on going in Feb so your feedback is appreciated Beamafar. I note from another of your posts your on the Fantasia shortly. If you could cast an eye on the buffet I'd appreciate it! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll be boarding today. Anything in particular or just a rundown? I'll try and post over the coming days while it's fresh, so to speak! if and when I've access to wifi.

I just booked and was told the lowest category was eating in the buffet so I got the next category up.

Who did you book with MSC or a TA? That seems strange as even Bella gets you a MDR assignment albeit the other categories get priority in choosing seating and table size.

I'll be boarding today. Anything in particular or just a rundown? I'll try and post over the coming days while it's fresh, so to speak! if and when I've access to wifi.

Particularly are people eating in the back of the buffet in the evening instead of main dining room assignment?

Yes. I only booked my cruise on Monday. I booked direct with MSC. I was told that if I booked the lowest category I wasn't guaranteed a place in the main dining room and would be eating in the buffet. I paid the extra €60 to have early seating in main dining room.

Yes. I only booked my cruise on Monday. I booked direct with MSC. I was told that if I booked the lowest category I wasn't guaranteed a place in the main dining room and would be eating in the buffet. I paid the extra €60 to have early seating in main dining room.

Thank you for clarifying, that really is awful.

Im really disappointed by that, to a 'calling trading standards' point. If that is policy then they really should include that in the blurb for the 'experiences.'