Cruise and flight booked, now need Houston hotel

skipnpeanut

The nicest hotels in the area are the Double Tree, Wyndham and Sheraton. Those right at the airport and along JFK Blvd are nice, most are older, but better than staying in the Greenspoint area. It's called Gunspoint for a reason.

The Marriott and Wyndham are both 25 years old, have been refurbished and nice. I'd just not wander around the area at night.

Here's what I'd do; stay at the Marriott at the airport. You can get their via the tram, the food is good, they cater to the traveler (well duh..) and it's convenient to whatever you need the next day.

If you arrive after the evening traffic why not get across town via shuttle or whatever transportation you've selected? Galveston has a ton of hotels just off their best summer ever. Since Labor day the 2-night minimum requirements should be gone.

The San Luis and The Wyndham Galvez are my favorites along Seawall Blvd with the Tremont House being the best in the historical district. Lots of options along the way down, just get down I-45 past Beltway 8 and start your search.

Does that help?

http://ppn.airporthotelguide.com/city/?refid=2485&rs_cid=&rs_lmark=airIAH#p1

Edited by BallFour4