AA Boston to Philly goes threw MIAMI!!!! LOL

Aunu

Ok, i was looking at flights from Boston to Philidelphia on American Airlines. It shows that you fly from BOS to MIA and then back up to PHL. seems a bit odd to me. I first looked for next month and thought maybe because it was so soon, so i tried January, nope still have to go to Miami first. UM thats what im trying to avoid, trying to leave closer to home.... Just found it amusing

I looked at southwest from Manchester NH, they were VERY reasonable! My husband has tons of FF miles with Delta and AA (more with Delta) because he travels to and from Africa every 28 days so would love to use some of the miles but if i can get a flight cheap enough i will pay. Got a flight from Boston to San Diego a few years ago for 169.00 per person on Delta, i just couldnt use the miles for a flight that cheap. I wish Royal Caribbean would have a deal like carnival does where you can buy gift certificates with the miles threw Delta.

I will check out airtran. Thanks!

Ok, i was looking at flights from Boston to Philidelphia on American Airlines. It shows that you fly from BOS to MIA and then back up to PHL. seems a bit odd to me. I first looked for next month and thought maybe because it was so soon, so i tried January, nope still have to go to Miami first. UM thats what im trying to avoid, trying to leave closer to home.... Just found it amusing

It's actually not that "amusing" when you understand AA's route map. First off, neither BOS nor PHL are hub cities for AA. ORD, DFW or MIA is, and it's because of that that if you want to go from BOS to PHL on AA that you have to go through one of their hubs first. JFK isn't a possibility as most of AA's operations there are international or hub & spoke related.

The only airline that can get you from BOS-PHL direct is US Air as PHL is a hub for them or AirTran. Southwest works if you drive up to Manchester.

For everyone's info, when looking at flights on specific airlines, here's a listing of USA domestic hubs. Your connecting flight will almost always go through one of these:

AA - ORD, DFW, MIA

UA - ORD, IAD, DEN, SFO

DL - ATL, CVG, SLC

NW - DTW, MSP, MEM

CO - EWR, IAH, CLE

US - PHL, CLT, PHX, LAS

AS - SEA, PDX, ANC

B6 - JFK, BOS

FL - ATL

F9 - DEN

Now, to translate into English :D:

American - Chicago O'Hare, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Miami

United - Chicago O'Hare, Washington Dulles, Denver, San Francisco

Delta - Atlanta, Cincinnati, Salt Lake City

Northwest - Detroit, Minneapolis, Memphis

Continental - Newark, Houston Bush, Cleveland

US Airways - Philadelphia, Charlotte, Phoenix, Las Vegas

Alaska - Seattle, Portland, Anchorage

Jet Blue - New York Kennedy, Boston

AirTran - Atlanta

Frontier - Denver

Yes, there are some "focus cities" that have offer connections, but the above list will cover over 90+% of situations.

If you ever want information on airport codes, airline codes or aircraft codes, try THIS SITE.

Archived