Question on Bus drop off in Civitavecchia

IrieBajan54

Looking to book a bus transfer from FCO to Civitavecchia port with SmartCruiseTours. I am staying one night at a hotel next to the train station in Civitavecchia. I think the price is reasonable at Euro 20 and that means I wouldn't have to deal with the hassles of a train and pickpocket artists.

So at the SmartCruiseTours booking site they asked what ship? Well my ship doesn't leave until the next day so I don't think I should enter it. I searched and found that 3 other ships are in port that day. Should I just enter one of them?

Next, does the bus drop everybody at one port location which I believe is called: Lago della Pace?

If the bus is taking people to the port, and not doing any sort of hotel run, I believe that is where they will drop them. Will it be a problem that it's nearly a mile from the station? You might be able to talk the driver into dropping you closer to your hotel, or to the station, although I'm not sure which road the bus comes in on.

Thanks lisiamic... It turns out the my hotel is actually a little closer to the port than the train station. As the saying goes, "Google is your friend." After debarking the bus, Google Maps directions indicate to walk on SS1, Strada Statale 1. It's an 18 minute walk to my hotel. At around 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon, I think it will work.

Next morning, I will just reverse course.

Edited by IrieBajan54
spelling