How and where to be able to snorkel over the reerf?

travelingla

Several in our group want to be able to snorkel over the reef since we read it is the 2nd largest in the world! I personally do not snorkel nor do a few others in our group. I've read about Rony and about Victor so wondering if any of you have experience with snorkeling over the reef and not just 'off the beach' ... it is hard to tell on both of these websites where it will be.

I've read not to miss West Bay Beach -- is this near the place they might be able to snorkel over the reef?

Any advice? Thanks so much!

Several in our group want to be able to snorkel over the reef since we read it is the 2nd largest in the world! I personally do not snorkel nor do a few others in our group. I've read about Rony and about Victor so wondering if any of you have experience with snorkeling over the reef and not just 'off the beach' ... it is hard to tell on both of these websites where it will be.

I've read not to miss West Bay Beach -- is this near the place they might be able to snorkel over the reef?

Any advice? Thanks so much!

There is a hut on West Bay Beach right near Bananarama where you can hire a local to take you out to the reef in their skiff. Nothing fancy, and you have to get yourself in and out of the skiff in deep water (no ladders) but it's a pretty easy option to get out there. Probably a better option than the big excursion boats where they have you follow along in a line with a bunch of people.

20 or 30 dollars, as I recall....(I know somebody's going to ask. That's the most commonly asked question on Cruise Critic "how much is xxx?")