Dublin On Our Own?

We were notified our upcoming stop will be in Dublin, wondering if we can easily do Dublin on our own using HOHO etc -vs - a ship tour. It appears Princess will be offering a shuttle from the pier to downtown Dublin.

We were notified our upcoming stop will be in Dublin, wondering if we can easily do Dublin on our own using HOHO etc -vs - a ship tour. It appears Princess will be offering a shuttle from the pier to downtown Dublin.

Dublin is a great city to do on your own. The HoHo Bus is a perfect way to get around and see a great deal of the city. One suggestion though - if you are interested in touring the Gaol (jail), make that your first stop on the bus because as the day progresses - the waiting time is excessive. You can't purchase tickets ahead of time, so you have to get in line. Then if you want to do Guinness - that is a great second stop. If my memory serves me correct - you can purchase tickets for the HoHo at any of the stops and the shuttle should drop you in a convenient spot to start your tour. Enjoy! The Irish people are wonderful.

Cole

Agreed, the HoHo bus is the way to go. We used the Princess shuttle to the city, they drop you right by the HoHo stops. Make sure to get on a bus with a live person, not the recording (unless you prefer recorded). I would suggest hitting the jail, Guinness or Jameson and then lunch in Temple Bar. Trinity College is beautiful to walk around, they do offer tours done by students for a couple Euros.

• 1 month later...
Is anyone aware if the NCL (Star) offers a shuttle into the Dublin city centre?

Even if they do, it is probably cheaper to get a taxi if there are more than two of you, and definitely cheaper to get an Uber at about €10 ($10) each way.

If you want a really good introduction to the city, I thoroughly recommend the Dublin free walking tour that starts at The Spire on O'Connell St. A three hour tour (South side in the morning and North side in the afternoon), that operates purely on tips. No connection, except a satisfied customer.