Amsterdam-lots of questions

PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH ME. I HAVE READ THRU MANY OF THE AMSTERDAM POSTS BUT STILL HAVE ?S. SO WHAT AIRPORT IS THE ONE TO FLY INTO THAT IS CLOSEST TO THE HOLLAND AMERICA CRUISE TERMINAL? AND WHAT SECTION OF AMSTERDAM IS CLOSEST TO CRUISE TERMINAL FOR HOTEL? IS A TAXI FROM HOTEL TO CRUISE TERMINAL VERY EXPENSIVE? WILL DO SHIP TRANSFER FROM SHIP TO AIRPORT SO NO WORRIES THERE. WE WILL BE DOING 3 DAYS BEFORE CRUISE AND JUST FEEL LOST ABOUT IT AT THIS POINT. ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE VERY APPRECIATED!:confused:

I have replied on those questions many many times already and I am sure you will find them back when searching this board!

(NO NEED TO USE CAPITALS!!!)

Schiphol is Amsterdam airport, 10 miles south of the city. Shipshuttles are often available only on the day of departure in general.

Any hotel around Centraal Station is close to the terminal (unless you sail Prinsendam that sails from IJmuiden). Movenpick is the hotel right on top of the terminal.

Cab will cost around E. 50,- , Tinkercab is less expensive https://tinker.travel/en/ or take this shutttle that goes to many hotels.

http://www.schipholhotelshuttle.nl/

Again if you search a little more I am sure you will find so much information given in the past, also what to see and do, what to reserve online before or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, and sorry my caps were on and didn't notice it. Yes, I see you have been a wonderful source of info to others all the time. Just one thing, please, what section of the city would be closest to port for a hotel. Could you post the link to your map just one time for me. I appreciate it very much

Thank you, and sorry my caps were on and didn't notice it. Yes, I see you have been a wonderful source of info to others all the time. Just one thing, please, what section of the city would be closest to port for a hotel. Could you post the link to your map just one time for me. I appreciate it very much

Closest will be Movenpick, right above the cruise terminal. Or any hotel near Centraal Station. (That would be a walk of about 15 minutes, or cab of course which will cost around E. 10.- or slightly higher.

Do you mean this printable map: http://www.amsterdam.info/print/map/

Cruise terminal and Centraal station are on B 5.

Edited by Ine

We flew into AMS prior to our cruise last fall. It is quite easy to take the train from the airport to Amsterdam Central Station. We prefer taking mass transit to taxis. We stayed at a hotel within a short walk of the train station, there are many so do your research, I usually use tripadvisor. Amsterdam is quite easy to do on foot, a great walking city as long as you are constantly mindful of the bicycles as they are everywhere.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal