Amsterdam Hotel

We are booked on the HAL Koningsdam sailing out of Amsterdam on 7/17/16. I have looked at recommendations on Amsterdam hotels and started out booked at Moevenpick by the cruise terminal. We have been to Amsterdam before and will fly out the day before and don't have our airlines booked yet. I'm assuming we will arrive either late morning or early afternoon. Husband has some walking issues - not bad but enough to make me rethink. We are also booked at the Intel and Renaissance which are close to the central station. We have seen Anne Frank's house and been to the red light district but would like to walk around a bit and check out restaurants instead of being confined to the hotel restaurant. Who knows we might venture out a bit also. I'm thinking we will take taxi from airport to the hotel and from the hotel to terminal if we go with Intel or Renaissance. Could you tell me which one you would choose and why.

Thanks--you all are so helpful in here. What did we do without the internet years ago deciding all this stuff.

Linda

We are booked on the HAL Koningsdam sailing out of Amsterdam on 7/17/16. I have looked at recommendations on Amsterdam hotels and started out booked at Moevenpick by the cruise terminal. We have been to Amsterdam before and will fly out the day before and don't have our airlines booked yet. I'm assuming we will arrive either late morning or early afternoon. Husband has some walking issues - not bad but enough to make me rethink. We are also booked at the Intel and Renaissance which are close to the central station. We have seen Anne Frank's house and been to the red light district but would like to walk around a bit and check out restaurants instead of being confined to the hotel restaurant. Who knows we might venture out a bit also. I'm thinking we will take taxi from airport to the hotel and from the hotel to terminal if we go with Intel or Renaissance. Could you tell me which one you would choose and why.

Thanks--you all are so helpful in here. What did we do without the internet years ago deciding all this stuff.

Linda

We have stayed twice at the Crowne Plaza, you can't beat the location, friendly staff and awesome breakfast.

http://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/amsterdam/amsnl/hoteldetail