I need your planning help/expertise

MomofTheBoy

My 4 year old son and I will be docking there in about 32 days. Looking at the calendar, we will dock at OM. I have compiled a list of things that would be good for him as well as for me. I just need to know if its doable and if the trolley tour will help me get it all done.

Aquarium

Butterfly conservatory

MM0

Key Lime Pie and other souvenirs

I do NOT have an early riser but I want to get him off the boat by 10 and get us back on by 3. Is this do-able?

There really aren't a lot of chain restaurants in Key West...a few, yes...but the beauty of Key West is all the high quality and distinctive restaurants that don't exist anywhere else. Most have menus displayed with prices. Choose one based on your price point. A picturesque area to eat includes the restuarants along the

Schooner Wharf bar. There are other restaurants along Duval and also Front Street.

Among your plans is MMO. I just can't think what that is. Is it Mile Marker Zero?

That is just a sign on a street post on a corner. If you run short of time, that is what I would skip.

The Aquarium is close to the docks and various restaurants and souvenier stores. The Butterfly Conservatory, a delightful place, is near the far end of Duval. It could be a tough walk for a four-year old. It would be a short taxi ride for either going or returning.

I hope you both enjoy Key West as much as we do.

Thank you very much. Yes mm0 was mile marker 0. Is that the same as the southern most point? I just want a quick photo thats all. Would one of those trolley tours be beneficial in getting me to the places i want to see or would cabbing it be better?

Mile marker 0 and the southernmost point are two different things - in different places. If all you want to do is see it, a trolley tour will suffice. If you want to actually be there, I'd look for the hop on hop off trolley, but admit i've never used it (I stick with my feet or a bike). Southermost point is at least a bit of a destination and you can walk a block to the pier at the end of Duval - which "feels" more south than the actual southernmost point, whereas the "MM0" really is just a small street sign in front on an administrative building if I remember correctly. Both are on Whitehead - you can see the Mile 0 sign on Google maps if you drop the street view guy at the corner of Whitehead and Fleming - will give you an idea of what to expect.

The butterfly museum is very walkable from the southernmost point for a 4 year old and you can get ice cream another 1/4 mile up Duval at Flamingo Crossing (if you are into that sort of thing).

Edited by CT Sean

Yes he is into that sort of thing lol. So my day seems very doable. Take shuttle from pier go to aquarium. Near aquarium I can find lunch and souvenirs. Take trolley to southernmost point, get my photo op, walk to butterfly place, get some key lime pie then head back to boat.