Advice needed

Ajkcruiser

• 1 month later...

"Most" people on here seem to recommend Chankanaab. There are 2 dolphin swim places there...just everyone seems to like Chankanaab best.

Chankanaab is a National Park, so there is an admission to get in...unless you are doing a swim, then the price is included, which is awesome.

The grounds are beautiful, food is good (and cheaper if you get it on the beach versus the restaurant), awesome snorkeling, a cove beach, self guided tour to the "ruins" area and they have added a small zip line and an alligator area. They also have some type of human gerbil ball too.

I have 2 reviews listed in my signature with tons of pictures of Chankanaab itself. It's still my favorite place in Cozumel so far...and I have been to quite a few. :D

I also have a review from our dolphin swim...which my youngest daughter (who was 3 at the time) loved and my oldest daughter (who was 25? I think) at the time and did the push pull swim.

Highly recommended.

They also have "sales" that you can watch for...buy 1 for $99 (or whatever) and get the second for $1. :)

One stop shopping/searching in ur signature.Thanks:);):D

"Most" people on here seem to recommend Chankanaab. There are 2 dolphin swim places there...just everyone seems to like Chankanaab best.

Chankanaab is a National Park, so there is an admission to get in...unless you are doing a swim, then the price is included, which is awesome.

The grounds are beautiful, food is good (and cheaper if you get it on the beach versus the restaurant), awesome snorkeling, a cove beach, self guided tour to the "ruins" area and they have added a small zip line and an alligator area. They also have some type of human gerbil ball too.

I have 2 reviews listed in my signature with tons of pictures of Chankanaab itself. It's still my favorite place in Cozumel so far...and I have been to quite a few. :D

I also have a review from our dolphin swim...which my youngest daughter (who was 3 at the time) loved and my oldest daughter (who was 25? I think) at the time and did the push pull swim.

Highly recommended.

They also have "sales" that you can watch for...buy 1 for $99 (or whatever) and get the second for $1. :)

They also have "sales" that you can watch for...buy 1 for $99 (or whatever) and get the second for $1.

Do you just have to keep checking their site or is there an email list they offer? Any patterns to when they offer these BOGOs? Thanks!

They also have "sales" that you can watch for...buy 1 for $99 (or whatever) and get the second for $1.

Do you just have to keep checking their site or is there an email list they offer? Any patterns to when they offer these BOGOs? Thanks!

Yes as far as I know you have to just keep checking the site. I'm not sure if there's any patterns for it...but I know during the times that we have went and kept checking the site, they seem to have it pretty often. :)

Yes as far as I know you have to just keep checking the site. I'm not sure if there's any patterns for it...but I know during the times that we have went and kept checking the site, they seem to have it pretty often. :)

Thanks, mitsugirly...will make sure to do that.

Does anyone know the cost for kids under 5? And can you do the deal if you buy over the phone, sine we will have a 5 year old and 2 year old.

You can go on the dolphin discovery site to see all pricing for each type of swim (which since you have little ones, you will only be able to do the encounter). I believe it's all the same price whether adult or child.

***EDIT, I just did a mock booking and it told me the above information when I put in child...same price. But now I see that it says children 5 and under to call for pricing. ***

Edited by mitsugirly

You can go on the dolphin discovery site to see all pricing for each type of swim (which since you have little ones, you will only be able to do the encounter). I believe it's all the same price whether adult or child.

***EDIT, I just did a mock booking and it told me the above information when I put in child...same price. But now I see that it says children 5 and under to call for pricing. ***

I believe if you click on "sales" you will see where it says kids under 10 are free with a paying adult. But you have to call to get that price. 1-866-393-5158.

Thank you so much for the information. I was wondering if anyone knew the price for five and under since you do need to call. I am excited to learn that that have sales like these. We aren't going til October, so we probably can't do the child free sale.

Does anyone know anything about the buffet lunch? Is it at only certain times? Is it easy to go and eat there with little kids? There will be 4 adults and 4 kids ages 9, 7, 5, and 2.

I contacted the service team and rep told me it's highly unlikely they'll be doing a buy one, get one for $1 anytime soon. I guess they featured that in last half of Nov/most of Dec, so that promo is gone for now. But you never know...so I'll keep checking.

But if not, I'll probably just pass on sea lion/manatee encounter this time around and save the money. We'll just stick w/regular park admission. Never been to Cozumel before and enjoy snorkeling/beach, so I'm sure we'll still have lots of fun that day. Gotta save something for next time!

I contacted the service team and rep told me it's highly unlikely they'll be doing a buy one, get one for $1 anytime soon. I guess they featured that in last half of Nov/most of Dec, so that promo is gone for now. But you never know...so I'll keep checking.

But if not, I'll probably just pass on sea lion/manatee encounter this time around and save the money. We'll just stick w/regular park admission. Never been to Cozumel before and enjoy snorkeling/beach, so I'm sure we'll still have lots of fun that day. Gotta save something for next time!

"If" you decide to not do the swims and just go to the park, don't forget to print off the $2 off pp admission coupon. At least it saves a little. :)