Parking at the Galveston terminal

j in tx

My husband and son will be driving to Galveston for their first cruise. Is it necessary or advisable to have reservations at a parking facility? And if so, any recommendations? Thanks!

We usually pre-pay using EZ Cruise Parking. It's just a couple blocks from the terminals. DH drops me off with the luggage, then he parks and walks back. We've found that's faster than taking the shuttle and dragging around all our bags.

Also, if you prepay your parking at EZ Cruise Parking, Lighthouse parking, or the Port of Galveston lots, you do get a discount on your parking. So I think it's worth making a reservation ahead of time. We parked at EZ Cruise last time and they will shuttle you and your luggage. The Port of Galveston requests that you drop off your luggage before parking.

Just returned from our Voyager cruise a few weeks ago and parked at E~Z Cruise. Cindy and the staff are awesome! From the time we pulled in to their parking lot to the cruise terminal was about 15 minutes. Then when we returned a van was waiting for us to take us back to the parking lot---the smoothest trip for us so far! This was also the first time we've used cruise parking as we normally leave our car at the hotel.

We will definitely use E~Z Cruise again! :)

We have cruised out of Galveston several times & parking is very easy there. My husband drops me and the luggage at the terminal & he drives just a few short blocks to park. The parking area is fenced & feels like a safe place to leave the car. A van brings the person who parks the car right back to the terminal & we meet up & get in line to board the ship. Porters will take your luggage at the street & you only need to carry your personal belonging onto the ship. No reservation is necessary for parking. Happy Cruising! Rose

My experience with EZ Cruise is that it was a long wait for a shuttle to the terminal. Then, on return, we waited for 45 minutes and I finally walked to get my truck and come back for DH & the bags (he was still in line).

Would I park there again? Maybe. But I would foot it over there right away next time instead of waiting.

The walk's not bad.

Archived